Forum Index > Trip Reports > Whitepine Creek
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostMon May 19, 2003 9:50 am 
Attempted to escape the weather doom and gloom on the west side so headed east from Stevens Pass on Sunday. This is a photo of a huge cedar tree spotted along the Whinepine Creek trail but can't decide if it's one big tree or three trees that grew into one big tree. Without the snow this is an easy hike with only 400 feet gain to the 3-mile point where the bridge is washed out over Whitepine Creek. We began to hit snow at about a mile from the bridge site but continued to that point. The trail starts from the end of the Whitepine Creek road, 14 miles east of Stevens Pass. Road is in fairly good condition. Lots of flowers, especially within the first mile of the trail. In past years I've hiked up to Frosty Pass from this trail (it's 6 miles from the bridge site to Frosty Pass) but given the amount of snow this was beyond our consideration. Stopped at the 59 Diner to feed the jukebox and our hungry selves. Karen
Big Cedar tree on White Pine trail
Big Cedar tree on White Pine trail

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Karen

Karen
PostMon May 19, 2003 5:48 pm 
Here's another image from the Whitepine Creek trail
This is a great trail -- the previous photo of the big cedar tree I posted is the very same cedar tree that Alan photographed as well. I didn't even know he'd ever been to Whitepine Creek. Sheeeeeesh! That Alan sure gets around. Karen
Stream crossing from print Whitepine Creek
Stream crossing from print Whitepine Creek

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message