Forum Index > Trip Reports > One Of Those Days.....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 22, 2003 5:12 pm 
Got out today with Fogduo (we have hiked and backpacked together before, we met on the BP.com forums) I hadn't seen her since last summer so it was nice to catch up. We met at the Enumclaw RS and headed up Hwy 410 to see what we could find to hike. Of course the weather wasn't going to be nice smile.gif and it rained the whole way to FS #73 - we then headed up hoping to reach the backdoor entrance to Eleanor lakes....when we hit Huckleberry Creek we left FD's car there and she got into my truck and we kept going.....nice road rolleyes.gif almost compares with Obstruction Point Rd!! Lots of loose rocks all over with a FABU dropoff biggrin.gif Hehheh!! Well, we kept going, and wouldn't you know it, we get to within maybe 3/4 to 1/2 mile of where we needed to be and we finally hit snow on the rd, pretty nice snow too, we started up through it, when looking ahead I could see it wasn't going to get any better, with nowhere to turn around. So I backed down out of the snow and we started a very tight 3 point turn around. Well......my truck is big to me and I SUCK at turning around because I don't know where my rear ever is! So I conned FD into doing it while I guided her...hehheh..... winksmile.gif Life was good.....she's an awesome driver and she got us turned around. We decided maybe being up there wasn't so great so we headed back down to Huckleberry Creek and parked and rambled through the forest. That creek is very pretty! It is a shame the TH is not signed, I am looking forward to doing this trail in the summer and starting up at Rainer and walking down. It will be a nice hike! We ended up sitting at our cars and BS'ing for 2 hours, catching up, letting my son run off way too much energy (whereupon, he found a firepit in the parking area and cut his finger open on glass!! reason #1 why to ALWAYS carry a 1st aid kit!!) Yeah, it was a good day biggrin.gif Didn't hike much, but had a great time!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostFri May 23, 2003 1:50 pm 
Hey, I'm glad you got to get out at least!!! Beats studying for midterms any day! biggrin.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri May 23, 2003 2:18 pm 
No kidding biggrin.gif Hope you get to join us before you head out to the Olympics!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostFri May 23, 2003 3:18 pm 
I'm definitely going to try!! I'll be around seattle a little this summer too. Going to have to use the UW libraries...Working on senior project this summer. smile.gif