Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pinnacle Lake 5-27-03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue May 27, 2003 9:50 am 
I hiked up to Pinnacle lake with my friend Craig and Daisy the Yellow Dog. Some nitwit was shooting off an automatic pistol and a pump shotgun right at the trailhead! He must have shot 300 rounds just while we were packing up to head up the trail. He was shooting up the blocked road end, his shots paralleling the beginning of the trail to Bear lake. He stopped by the time we got to Bear Lake. We headded up to Pinnacle, spending half the time in the mud holes to avoid the slippery roots, and the other half hiking the slippery roots to avoid the mud holes. There is mass snow at the lake, 5 feet deep at least. It was a great hike on a great day. We spent almost three hours at the lake, picnicing and consuming "backpacker's buddies", (Heineken in a can). We got back to the car at 8 pm, just as the rain started. A full report will be posted soon at WTA.org.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 11:23 am 
That guy was a jack ass! Where exactly is this trail head? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

PostTue May 27, 2003 11:31 am 
Mt Loop HWY. Just east of Pilchuck. Jackass is right. Puts responsible gun owners in a bad light, eh?

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 11:50 am 
ABSOLUTLY is does! Just like 4x4-ing. One ASS**** damages property and everything gets closed! Trouble is, you cant controll that ASS****! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostTue May 27, 2003 4:15 pm 
I second that! Nothing wrong with shooting if done in the right place. Problem is too many just shoot the country side up and take stuff to shoot, then leave it and the shells...littering the land. I hunt and shoot on occasion, but in no way do I or any of my friends condone this type of behavior. Though I love the area above Granite Falls - Mtn loop Highway, it is prone to a lot of abnormal behavior, littering & dumping is no exception. I am glad to see some groups attempting to clean the dumping areas on logging roads up in that neck of the woods - specifically the Three Fingers Mtn. Road. Last year, they did a geat job up there on the clean up. Nothing pains me more than to see some people (JERKS) who have no respect for the land, gun or not. Kudos to Joe an Pappy for being right on key here. McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com