Forum Index > Photography Talk > Canon G3 Deal
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed May 28, 2003 11:27 am 
Go to MSN shopping. MP Superstore has the G3 for $584 shipped. Use the promo code "pdac" to take an additional $20.00 off that price. Use MSN wallet at checkout, and get $100 back in MSN dollars in August. $584 - $20 - $100 = $464 BTW, campmor.com is also a participant in the MSN promotion so you can effectively get 20% back (in MSN dollars) on campmor purchases.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostWed May 28, 2003 3:16 pm 
What exactly are MSN dollars? If it's one of those 'only redeemable on our website' things, then you're still spending that $100 (of course, it could be put towards filters / lenses I suppose).

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed May 28, 2003 3:38 pm 
Well, that's the catch. It kind of works like a store credit (but you can spend the credit at any MSN shopping site like Campmor). You also don't get the dollars until July and you need to spend them by October 28, 2003. Still not a bad deal if you discount the MSN dollars by 25%.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu May 29, 2003 1:25 am 
Meh. Price is only good until Saturday though, and I'm not gonna come up with 570 bucks by then...unless someone wants to make a "donation"...anybody? anybody? sneaky.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu May 29, 2003 3:19 pm 
Just some advice for anyone ordering from this merchant. I needed a backup camera (having sold my G2) and this deal was too tempting to resist. After ordering, I got an email back stating they needed "more information" and that I needed to call "Keith". Having played this game before I knew what to expect from a Brooklyn merchant... the hard sell to buy overpriced memory, filters, battery, case, extended warranty, etc. all of which I politely declined (using the ruse that I already owned a G3 and this one was going to be a gift). We'll see if the camera ships... [edit] it actually shipped [/edit]

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 9:50 pm 
Friendly public service announcement...Buydig's price on the G3 as dropped to $519.00, with free shipping. I feel a splurge coming on... biggrin.gif

hafdome

hafdome
PostSat Jun 21, 2003 4:04 pm 
I did some checking before I ordered. Buydig wasn't mentioned in the article Tom mentioned. The ad stated "factory warrantee". Is buydig fairly reputable or did I just get scammed for gray market garbage? I ordered an A-70. The E-mail confirmation mentioned "not a final offer...subject to managment approval". Should I be nervous or did I get lucky on my first digi-cam purchase. hafdome

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jun 21, 2003 4:34 pm 
Buydig is OK. They don't usually sell grey market (non-usa warranty). If the camera doesn't ship by Monday or if they call and give you any crap, I would cancel and buy elsewhere (mainly because of Buydig's high shipping charges and poor return policy). Otherwise don't sweat it and enjoy the camera. Since you live in Oregon (no sales tax) there's much less incentive to buy online (particularly on the A70 which is selling for list due to low supply and high demand). Just go to your local electronics store and save the shipping charges. Otherwise I would buy from best price audio video. They have the lowest in-stock price on the A70 (per pricegrabber.com) and are great folks to boot. Not to mention B&H Photo Video has it in stock too.

hafdome

hafdome
PostSat Jun 21, 2003 4:55 pm 
Thanks Tom, As usual you are a source of straight info. I've checked at several stores locally and everyone seems to be out of the A-70. That was my main reason for going with Buydig. A lot of the online merchants are out of stock and backordering. OBTW Buydig has the G-2 black for ~ 430$. I almost went with that but the batteries for the A-70 are better suited for my long distance hiking plans. I think it will be a good starter digi-cam for me and the $ savings don't hurt either. hafdome