Forum Index > Pacific NW History > old survey maps
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dalekz

Dalekz
PostWed May 28, 2003 1:26 pm 
Found this site containing scaned survey maps. Mostly of mining claims from around the 1920's on. from all of washington and oregon (see the main site) You have to pick and choose as to finding where you are in relation to the maps 9ie no particular order). They are all jpg type scans. A lot of them show the early mining trails and where the tunnels are etc. Like long before the sultan river was dammed and showing the sultan basin trail and also the one up willimson creek etc. to the mines http://landprx.pdxproxy.blm.gov/wa_nw.pdf

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
-lol-

-lol-
PostWed May 28, 2003 3:29 pm 

Sawyer

Sawyer
PostWed May 28, 2003 9:57 pm 
Since I nabbed what I want... here's where to get some of the 30 minute maps last Saturday. Take the exit off I-5 west on the road towards La Conner. I think it's opposite Hwy 534??? Anyway, there is an antique store 1/4 to 1 mile from the freeway with a bunch o' old maps. Many of the 1900-1910 30' USGS topos from Washington, Oregon and I think Montana? I forget... and the other odd map or two. Some in ok condition, others in pretty bad condition. They are asking $4 a piece... I talked 'em down a 30% or so.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostThu May 29, 2003 7:31 am 
Here is a link for on line vintage Topo’s. http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/holland/masc/usgstoposindex.htm . I know it has been posted before, and if I could remember who posted it I would give credit. They are downloadable, and with the free MrSid viewer you can print maps with incredible detail. Bye - KN