Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Unable to post images
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 10:25 am 
What's up with the inability to post images? I see other posts also with little blank squares where images ought to be showing up. Hmmmm confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 12:15 pm 
Are you using a VPN? Try turning it off. Cold also be your antivirus product being overly aggressive.

Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 12:22 pm 
Tom wrote:
Are you using a VPN? Try turning it off. Cold also be your antivirus product being overly aggressive.
Nah, just a basic HP desktop. I thought about turning it off, but I'm inclined to think you're correct about the anti-virus. I tried posting a photo from my old flickr account, and also from my main photo files, and both times it was a no-go. Thx for the response! I'll figure something out.

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 12:47 pm 
Try browsing from your phone. If the problem goes away, it's most likely something on your computer. As far as antivirus and malware products, I stopped using them years ago. The standard Microsoft protections that come with Windows are good enough in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much if you need to turn off a third party product but your call.

Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 1:33 pm 
Tom wrote:
Try browsing from your phone. If the problem goes away, it's most likely something on your computer. As far as antivirus and malware products, I stopped using them years ago. The standard Microsoft protections that come with Windows are good enough in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much if you need to turn off a third party product but your call.
10-4 I'll give it a try,. THX ADDENDUM looks like it works

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 21, 2024 7:20 pm 
Tom wrote:
For sure. I have a friend that is a computer programmer and he never used anti-virus programs except a free one called Ad-aware. He said most are essentially a scam and some actually are a virus.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.