Forum Index > Trip Reports > Huckleberry Mtn./Divide Ridge 6/4/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 10:20 am 
Huckleberry Mountain / 4903' / USGS Nagrom / 743' of prominence Divide Ridge / 4878' / USGS Nagrom / 638' of prominence Drove this morning to road 70 just out of Greenwater and was able to drive to just east of point 4855 at the pass where I was blocked by a large amount of snow. I took the bike up to the summit of Huckleberry Mountain where the road almost reaches the top and looked around--especially at Mt. Rainier. This is a really nice point which is really easy to access. I recommend this with a good six pack of Bud. I came down on the bike and then I biffed it by braking too hard on the front tire. That's right, I ate dirt, errrr, gravel. Then I drove back down the road and up road 7210 I believe to reach the pass at 4200+. From here I hiked a water-barred road for about 300 meters and then eventually the Huckleberry Mountain trail up and to the north side of point 4798. When the trail went downhill, I then went uphill through the open forest to the ridgeline. The summit consists of three or four rocky blocks and of course the true summit is the one that is the furthest away--it always is! Through scrambling and traversing I eventually made it to the summit where the views were limited and flagging occupied the top. No cairn, so I built one. Expect class 3. At my desk by 8:15.

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message