Forum Index > Trip Reports > Tronsen Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 8:16 am 
Thanks for the update and great pictures. I love the shot of the penstemons in the meadow. We were also wondering if the mariposa lilies were out yet. We were didn't see any on Miller Peak. I'm going to have to make it to Tronsen some time. - marta

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 8:54 am 
Ulrich--glad you got up there! While that FS road leaves your nerves about shot by the time you get to the trailhead (longest 3.2 miles you've ever driven too?) I actually prefer that access the most. That trailhead access to Tronson Ridge is very quiet...and the stretch of the trail until you hit the Red Mountain junction are hardly used even by motorbikes compared to the stretch from that junction south to Haney Meadows. I have yet to see anyone up there in three visits and that includes a June Saturday. Although I suppose most of my visits likely happened before the area was open for their use...doesn't matter---it's a great place to access that ridge! Looks like you hit the prime bloom time to make me look like a genius in telling you to go the week of June 15 cool.gif

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 9:28 am 
That is Clematis occidentalis. We have seen it on Miller Peak and Ingalls Creek. Nice shot. - marta