Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > any other crazy hikers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 1:06 pm 
Quote:
The d*mn site won't let me spell out b*tch, substituting the wazzup.gif emoticon instead- how dreadfully pc.
The word filter was in there because of one member who tended to use the word when upset at another particular member. I've gone ahead and removed it, but it was actually quite humorous when it performed as intended. embarassedlaugh.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 1:23 pm 
That was a pretty funny thread, except for the part where Thomas Bentzen threatens to kill me in my sleep. I almost called the police after that. down.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 2:19 pm 
From what I recall, that's not exactly what was said. It could have been interpreted as such, which is why the poster was given a stern warning and told there wouldn't be any second chances in this regard. We take threats seriously here, we have to. But for someone concerned enough to consider calling the police, why continue to egg on said poster? dizzy.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 4:56 pm 
Tom wrote:
Quote:
The d*mn site won't let me spell out b*tch, substituting the wazzup.gif emoticon instead- how dreadfully pc.
The word filter was in there because of one member who tended to use the word when upset at another particular member. I've gone ahead and removed it, but it was actually quite humorous when it performed as intended. embarassedlaugh.gif
Thanks for the explanation Tom, though I figured it was censored for a reason. I merely wanted to use the word as a verb not a noun. I'm really sorry that me using the word in question brought up the Allison/Marylou vs. BPJ Title Bout of 2002 once again. jab.gif For that I'm extremely apologetic.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 5:08 pm 
Feel free to refer to me as "marylou". I'm not even sure if I objected per se to that particular bout of name-calling, but thanks to our Great Protector Tom D, I live to smirk about it. wink.gif

Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 5:32 pm 
Test to see if this emoticon is allowed. :boobs: Edit: Doh. Guess not. Lucky for you guys...

Support Search and Rescue. GET LOST!
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 7:10 pm 
marylou wrote:
Feel free to refer to me as "marylou".
Sure, thought I did. confused.gif You were known back then as Allison. I see that Miss N. is back to teasing again. rolleyes.gif

Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 8:33 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
marylou wrote:
Feel free to refer to me as "marylou".
Sure, thought I did. confused.gif You were known back then as Allison. I see that Miss N. is back to teasing again. rolleyes.gif
Oh bah! It's not teasing. If you saw the silly emoticon you'd agree.

Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 9:44 pm 
marylou wrote:
If you guys keep calling me by the name my momma gave me
If you are trying to draw attention away from that, I personally would not keep letting everyone know that is your given name. There are many people here that don't know it is and it seems your confirmation is only defeating your purpose. Don't go away, you add alot to this forum, and maybe Tom SHOULD put the whammy back on. I believe that everyone who knows differently would graciously forget the other name if they knew that is what you prefer. (Everyone does not read between the lines) I know I have recently liked the new person better anyway. Just my Opinion BTW.

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 10:48 pm 
Then let's just go with marylou.

Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 11:05 pm 
Allrighty then, (pushing it) when would you like to go hiking in the the Columbia Gorge? I'd love to take you around!! agree.gif

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 12:05 am 
Florida wrote:
Allrighty then, (pushing it) when would you like to go hiking in the the Columbia Gorge? I'd love to take you around!! agree.gif
I just noticed you are from the 'couve... My family moved down there in 95 and I lived there until I went to college in 99, they still live there and I visit them often. It's good to see someone here from a familiar place. biggrin.gif

Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 12:10 am 
marylou wrote:
Then let's just go with marylou.
I think of two things when I hear that name: 1) Mary Lou Retton 2) "I say hello Mary Lou (goodbye heart) Sweet Mary Lou I'm so in love with you I knew Mary Lou we'd never part So hello Mary Lou (goodbye heart)" Oh jeez now I've got that song stuck in my head...

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 8:55 am 
Florida: Midweek is best, if you are talking to me. You know I'm taken, right? Miss N: If I'm not mistaken, Marylou is the name of Big Lou's wife. There is a well-circulated photo of me and Big Lou posing at the OR trade show last winter, it's somewhere in the cc.com photo gallery and it was in the magazine.

Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 10:26 pm 
MN: Yes, in the 'couver. Never heard it called that but okay, I'm still a Newbie here. It's a nice little community here in Sammon Crik. I notice there are more and more people joining from down south. I believe I saw someone else post recently that was also in Vancouver. To be honest, I would like to move farther north since it seems that is where the best places are to hike. I do wish more people from down here would post more often about what they are doing but I suppose the same could be said for me. Did you do much hiking when you lived down here? MaryLou - I work during the week but if you are serious I'll let you know next time I take time off during the week as I do occasionally. (I wish I could work weekends but I have one of those jobs with hours that most people actually want.) Your taken!! That's okay, I have a BF too!!