Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bathtub and Summit Lakes - and Inner Tubes
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 5:45 pm 
Old Boy's Network!!! I ought to throw my Attends at you.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear

polarbear
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 7:40 pm 
The last fish of any significant size I caught was at the Trout Farm on a first grade field trip, and even there I was one of the last ones to catch one. If my name were Jonah, the whale wouldn't have come near me. When I arrive at a lake most people just chuck there poles in the water and glare at me. There were a couple ladies at the last H-lakers meeting on Mercer Island so high lake fishing isn't that exclusive. I went to the meeting for the neat slide show and they were kind enough not to boot me out. I invite female observer to stick around. Tell us about your favorite hikes and post a photo or two. Fresh voices are nice.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 7:53 pm 
I believe the actual term is 'good ol' boys' (you know - flannel shirts, lure-studded hats, farmer's blowin', rifle-bearing, manners-challenged kinda guys). In any case, someone has acknowledged the obvious, but it helps to have the reminder to know why you can't get any respect or get a word in edgewise. agree.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 8:22 pm 
I never have understood the Strohs thing. I've always liked it better with ladies around. - As for "fisherman's assemblage", I wouldn't be caught dead walkin' through the woods with an innnertube around my waist. dizzy.gif ........... Hey, "female observer", come back! Don't you recognize acceptance when you see it?

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 8:35 pm 
Why do I only see 5 out of the 8 posts on this thread? (before this one?)

polarbear

polarbear
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 8:38 pm 
Actually, wouldn't an innertube around the waste kind of protect one from devil's club and such--kind of a bumper. I think it would sell.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 8:42 pm 
They're a real pain on those duck-under blowdowns. agree.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 13, 2002 10:23 pm 
locking this one up due to initial posts disappearing again, grr!!!