Forum Index > Photography Talk > Camera case for G3
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 12:51 am 
In case anyone is interested, I found what looks to be a nice $8 hiking case for the Canon G3. It fits the G3 like a glove, will easily attach to the belt strap of your backpack (making for quick access while hiking), and opens up nice and wide for easy entry/exit.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 7:43 am 
Wish it had room for my Lensmate adapter. What I could use is a lens cap for a 52mm closeup lens. It and my adapter stay on 99% of the time. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 4:51 pm 
NN, after getting my adapter tube I too found I wanted to leave the adapter on most of the time. It's really hard to find a lightweight bag big enough for the camera and adapter, but someone over at dpreview suggested the crumpler heave ho so I got one. I really like it. Nice and light at 5 ounces, big enough to carry the camera with adapter attached, room to spare for a few filters, lens pen, and blower, yet not too bulky to attach to the belt of your backpack and carry on your hip for instant access. The only downside I see is it isn't weather proof, but that's what plastic bags are for. Ebags has it on sale (closeout) for $22. You can also use coupon code 60993759 at checkout to save another 10% and get free shipping. If you're frugal like me you can also use ebates.com to save another 6%. dizzy.gif I'm confident this bag would work for other cameras with protruding lenses or adapters. Worst case, ebags has a free returns policy.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 5:22 pm 
Thomas, what adapters are you two talking about? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 5:57 pm 
It's just a tube to allow you to attach filters, close up lenses, teleconverters, etc. Remember this topic? I mainly use it for attaching a polarizer.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 7:52 pm 
I'll stick with my ghetto 1988 black w/ red stripe point & hope camera bag. I can even wedge the CF card cases into the elastic straps made to hold film cannisters. hockeygrin.gif