Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > General invite to table mtn
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 2:22 am 
A bunch of idiots (7 or so) and I, (or is it the other way around?) will be camping out on Table mtn from Friday afternoon to sunday to throw our toy gliders from the hill and zoom them around. Anybody interested in visiting or camping is welcome to come spend a day or a night if they want, there's plenty of room and the campsite has a great view at 6100' facing the Stuart range. Lots of woods and a really spectacular cirque to walk along for miles if you want do some walking too. There will be fireside activities and general hilarity the entire time, so if you haven't scheduled a trip and just want to get out, or you're passing by from somewhere else, stop by or stay a while. Time, about 2 hours from Issaquah, road condition, generally OK with a couple rocky stretches which are still passable by car. Directions: I90 to Cle Elum, H97 N to the top of Blewett pass. Take the only dirt road on the right (E) side of 97. Stay on this road for about 5.5-6 miles. Stay on the main road, if you find yourself going downhill at any time, you have made a wrong turn. Proceed to a small pass and an intersection with signs to Haney Meadows. Your clue you are on the right road is an obvious (and cool) huge talus basin the road crosses right before the pass. Do not take Haney meadows, turn right. NOTE: I'll say it again, I'm mentioning the sign for Haney meadows only for recognition you are at the correct junction. Do not go to Haney meadows, and don't fixate on Haney meadows and forget all the rest of the directions. There. That should insure someone screws up and winds up at Haney meadows. In a few blocks after the pass where you have turned right and *not* gone to Haney Meadows, the road will fork again, stay right. At this point you it will slowly gain and then turn a bit rocky. In about two miles on the right side you will see the trees thin out and views through them that show you are on top. In a few hundred feet more, there is a small rocky spur road on the right that takes you to the site in about a block. I will place flags and maybe some kind of sign at the spur, it'll say "slopers" or "superassmonkey" (don't ask). Distances: about 4 miles to talus basin, about 5.5 to pass, campsite is on right at about 7 miles give or take. The short version: right from Blewett pass, main road to pass after talus field, take right, stay right, look on right side in two more miles for cliff top fringe of trees and spur on right. If you reach lion rock, you've gone too far. the campsite is on the point just SW of the section 28 text on 7.5 minute maps, just NW of the benchmark shown as 6142'. there is a small circle of the 6160' contour right at the site. A look at the topo will show you just how cool this is for a roadtrip. I can't guarantee I'll be back online to give any help or answer questions, so just show up if you want. We don't bite. Much. there are *zero* facilities, this is not a developed site, if you need it bring it. I'll be up there tomorrow afternoon, followed by a couple more after work and then the rest on Sat morning.
about what to expect, but the view from table is better.
about what to expect, but the view from table is better.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 2:42 pm 
We had a great get together and good weather both days. No NWH folks stopped by, which would have been great, but that just meant more salmon steaks for everyone else! Sat we had 14 people, down to 10 for the Sat night. Damian as usual provided masses of great chow. The dinner was BBQ Salmon with optional black bean sauce and pickled ginger garnish, Corn on the cob, garlic bread, watermelon. Breakfast was red pepper scrambled eggs, rice and sausages. Lunch was D's incomparable camping burritos.
Damian's feast
Damian's feast

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 2:45 pm 
Another pic of the area and great conditions. Mt Stuart can be easily seen in the background.
The "Sheetrock" and Mt Stuart.
The "Sheetrock" and Mt Stuart.

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 7:57 pm 
Very cool. Looks like you guys had a blast (as usual) and bitchin' weather to boot. How was the wind?

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 12:26 am 
The wind was OK on Saturday, good enough to fly anything for light winds and about half of the moderate wind ships if the pilot was smooth. On Sunday it started off lousy with a high wind in the wrong direction, then about 3PM it swung around and stayed high velocity, so the flying got really, really sweet and was still great when I left at 8PM. As for the cooking, what we did was count heads and tell Damian, he came up with the menu, did the buying and cooking, and then he presented a bill we divided up. Came out to $15 each. Damian chow is always great.

Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 3:31 pm 
A second for continued updates on your outings. Looks like a great time and good company. Any beers consumed ? DR

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 12:40 am 
I'll keep you updated. And yes, a beer or two consumed. And later on after the early birds retired, an ad hoc nickel poker game commenced and lasted until the attorney cleaned us all out. Of all of about $2 each.