Forum Index > Trip Reports > Playing Tourist
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 4:15 pm 
My brother is up visiting, so I can play tourist! Sunrise opened this morning so we went up there. I really love that corner of Rainer. To me it is about the prettiest section of the park. I admit it, I like to be uphigh, above the trees, where i can see all lol.gif It was so clear today I could see all the way to Glacier Peak, and hey, Rainer was kinda pretty too tongue.gif The snow level up there is pretty decent-big chunks of the meadows are exposed-I'd say another 2 weeks, and it will be smooth hiking. My dear brother somehow ignored my request that he bring his boots with him shakehead.gif and brought his basketball shoes-so somebody was flying all over in the snow lol.gif That'll learn him!! We poked around, just dinking all over on the Sourdough trail, mostly me scoping out future hikes for the next month. Came back as red as a hot lobster-I never think about sunscreen until after I need it..........

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 5:53 pm 
Thanks for the idea-this was my 3rd redness for the week-EEP!!!! I am notorious for forgetting the screen shakehead.gif The charges would have loved Sunrise today! What more would a kid want? Sun, snow and more snow lol.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message