Forum Index > Gear Talk > aching feet
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ccmscnnk

ccmscnnk
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 10:00 am 
Hi, My hiking shoes are okay for 8 miles then my feet start hurting around the smallest toes. I don't get blisters or anything. I would like to be able to hike much longer distance without the ache, any suggestion on shoes? I've tried several pairs before I bought my current shoes. I frustrated the salesperson at REI because none of the pairs I tried would work for me on the downhill test. Thanks! Thuha

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 8:03 pm 
I'm guessing a local anesthetic is out of the question, right...? wink.gif Could it be the size of the shoes? Are your smaller toes cramped at all?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ccmscnnk

ccmscnnk
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 8:19 am 
Thanks for your replies. I went to REI and the salesperson told me to get superfeet insoles. At first I thought that's crazy (idea as well as price smile.gif ). Now after thinking about it, I think it may just work because I've had the shoes for a year and I don't remember that they gave me much trouble last year. It may be the case I just need to replace the insoles. I will try your ideas out if the new insoles don't work. Thanks!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster