Forum Index > Trail Talk > Middle Snoq. Gate Guard - Wanted
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gov. Lock

Gov. Lock
PostMon Mar 18, 2002 3:08 pm 
Wanted: Middle Snoq. Gate Guard. Duties: Collect entrance fees, issue permits for 1. hiking. 2. climbing. 3. fishing. 4. swimming to include hot tubs. "Permits issued on a first come basis." Open & close gate - hours: 6:00AM - 8:00 PM. Summer hours: 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Pay $9.00 per hour includes weekends. Further Duties: Search vehicles for any signs of trash dumping. Have some law enforcement training. Be able to operate computers. Must be well groomed. And be able to catch mice in the guard station. Contact: State Law Enforcement Div. Forest Service, Mt Baker-Snoq. HQ.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostMon Mar 18, 2002 3:48 pm 
Would I get to carry a badge and keep all the beer I find in cars with underage drivers?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Mar 18, 2002 5:08 pm 
Position like that is likely to be hazardus to your health! Where there's a gate, there's a WAY around it!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostMon Mar 18, 2002 5:40 pm 
B.P.J.'s slogan is correct. Even if they make a gate at the Taylor River Bridge a halfmile beyond the new MFK trailhead. There was a short-lived railroad flatcar bridge across the Taylor at the MFK confluence in the late 70's after a big washout at the current bridge.( I need to get a scanner so I can post a photo of it). At the lower site today are braided channels.....several spots where a 4wd can drive across the Taylor and connect to the old Taylor River Campground spur. (except during runoff, of course). eek.gif

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostTue Mar 19, 2002 11:29 pm 
This will perhaps be a Hot Topic in the near future when and if it ever happens?

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com