Forum Index > Photography Talk > An A-70 question
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hafdome

hafdome
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 1:42 am 
In a couple of weeks I am leaving on a one month trip on the Colorado Trail. I just got a Canon A-70 and am not real familiar with the performance yet. I have about 225 shots worth of memory. My question for the experts is if I take 2 sets of fully charged 2200 mah Powerex batteries and 1 or 2 sets of alkaline batteries and keep LCD use to a minimum will this be enough power for the whole trip? I would prefer to leave the charger at home but could carry it if I have to. I'm not going to have enough time to cycle the batteries before I leave. The book says I can get 350 shots off of one set. This seems a bit high. Thanks, hafdome

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 2:29 am 
well, my very primitive agfa ephoto 307 has no lcd, is many years old (ancient technology..) but it will take at least 300 shots (without flash) on a set of 4 alkaline aa cells. i would assume the canon would be much more efficient, so that many shots isn't unrealistic. my finepix s602 is another matter.. it eats batteries faster than i can feed it....

hikermike

hikermike
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 6:39 pm 
camera
Take the battery charger. I have an olympus 3030 and it eats batteries, turning the LCD off helps only a little because you realy need it if you use accessory lenses. Make sure the flash is off aas it really eats the batteries and it always seems to come on when I don't need it. Alkalines usually last only a short time, a few pix. I also doubt you'll get 200 pix of the quality you expect, more like 70? At 200 there going to be poor web class. A 4x6 print requires something like 1200x1000 pixels, so buy extra memory.