Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snoqualmie Mtn, Cave Ridge, Guye Peak (7/12/03)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 5:55 pm 
Im a diesel guy P-Bear. No GASSER for me! winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif Will somebody please chime in on where that lake is located? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message

PostSun Jul 13, 2003 5:59 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Will somebody please chime in on where that lake is located?
JPB, ehT ekal si grebecI!!!!!!

polarbear-

polarbear-
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 6:03 pm 
doh.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Sknaht!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 6:34 pm 
Ok, ok I'm retarded today! Thank you for your up front and very forward approach to my dumb-ness! Funny, I'd have tought you kude cee abelanch in dat poto!!!!! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 6:44 pm 
If you're interested in Overcoat and want to take advantage of the MFK, and are using three days anyway, I suggest taking the DM trail up the MFK and doing the high route from Summit chief over to Overcoat lake and Burntboot, from there you can skip back to Iceberg easily and then come down the way you would have anway. You head up the DM trail, then turn S into the hanging valley on the N face of Summit chief and climb to pass 6140. Then up onto the ridge over to the basin between overcoat pk and chimney rock, and down into Overcoat lake past the three tarns above it. I'd be surprised if Overcoat was thawed now, even this year, we went there in mid august in an average year and it was just starting to show open water around the edges. The basin the tarns are in is a spectacular campsite, with views down the valley, Overcoat lake, etc. Then you just sidehill over to the low spot on the way to Burntboot, and cut back the half mile to Iceberg. Of if Overcoat is frozen, you could maybe contour around from the tarns at about 6400 and come down to Iceberg from above it. This loop trip is something that will be out of reach without at least another day on each end once that #)(*$#@_)*_)*#!!!!! gate goes in, while the Chikamin approach will always be doable, and the high route I've described is pretty incredible, so I'd recommend at least considering it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 9:28 pm 
Army tanks for the advice Mr. Goat! I'll be doing just that this early Aug.. TB

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 9:36 pm 
If I can count on you going maybe I can delay a month and hitch a ride. hmmm.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 13, 2003 10:10 pm 
That's a Gar-aun-tee Mr. Davenport! If'in we work hard enough we could get Mr. Driver to go along too! I work from the 17th until the 1st of Aug. From then on I'm off till late Sept.. TB

salish

salish
PostMon Jul 14, 2003 6:10 am 
Grabasstic? Tom, this is one of the most intriguing reports I've ever read. What an incredible place.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.