Rich Kemper

Rich Kemper
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 11:34 am 
Check out the latest new trend! Keep up with the Joneseses: luxury camping

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 12:40 pm 
Nothing against car camping, I do a lot of it actually, but this is just wrong. shakehead.gif
Quote:
The 2002 annual Natural Operations & Economic Survey study, commissioned by the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds, shows that 90% of RV parks and campgrounds have invested in improving and expanding their facilities. Upgrades and additions include increased electrical amperage to campsites, landscaping, restroom additions and remodeling, cable TV and phone hookups at campsites, and recreational amenities like splash pools, walking trails and fitness facilities. One thousand sites were surveyed.
I'm sorry, but anyone who feels the need to have cable TV and phone service out in the woods should not be out in the woods. vent.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 1:47 pm 
The more than stay off the trails the better for us. I just hope that the gov't doesn't pay for this kind of waste.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 2:07 pm 
I laughed lol.gif , I cried bawl.gif then I said "why, oh why don't they offer this in WA?" winksmile.gif All they are missing is footrubs and a paid servant to swat skeeters away....

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 2:21 pm 
I sort of liked my own version of this last month...3 days hiking 8 hikes in NE Washington...each night in cozy Colville at Benny's Colville Inn!! Ahhh...A/C when it was 98 outside....mexi food just down the street...ahhhh. up.gif OK OK....it's different, but still fun to treat yourself like this when all you need to toss in is the hiking stuff and dog food if the pooch is along! Just THINK of how much camera gear I took!!! TWO tripods, and a laptop for evening journal writing on my days out.

kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 2:32 pm 
Maybe it's a good thing. Perhaps RV owners will increasingly go to these RV parks rather than public campgrounds, thus making car camping a little nicer (ie no generators) for those who like to do it once in a while.

Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 9:40 pm 
This is so East Coast! I think you can get pizza delivered to most campgrounds there. Be aware that this mentality will try to move west!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Mike E.

Mike E.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 10:01 am 
It's strange how some people view "luxury". For me luxury is sitting on a high ridge among the heather watching the sun go down. No mosquitoes, a slight breeze, a little food and one ice cold beer. I sometimes feel sorry for those people that feel that they need all of that other clutter to feel alive, successful, happy or whatever it is that they're trying to get out of it all.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 10:35 am 
Light (read less) is right! (for me) TB winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 12:30 am 
I'm with Mike E. and BPJ here. For all of the magical pack silliness, I love getting away from all of the trappings of a "comfortable" life. A warm bag, a nice dog, and a pretty place to be are good enough for me.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic