Forum Index > Trail Talk > Where is everyone going this weekend?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri May 03, 2002 8:03 am 
Is anyone going out this weekend anywhere?? paranoid.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri May 03, 2002 8:12 am 
I'm going to hit Mt. Si early Saturday. Not that there's anything new or interesting there, but I have to get out and the rest of my weekend is going to be taken up with hauling kids around to their various sporting events. rolleyes.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri May 03, 2002 8:30 am 
climbing/camping at Vantage

Stefan

Stefan
PostFri May 03, 2002 9:00 am 
I am going to climb the Gardners. Via Mazama

Art is an adventure.
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri May 03, 2002 9:28 am 
I had originally planned to head out to the Olympics for the weekend and hike the Sol Duc River Trail (preferably) or the Hoh River Trail. The weather is looking a little questionable for such a long trip, so I'm leaning toward staying closer to home and getting in a couple of hikes if I can. My list of possibilities right now include: Cow Heaven (after seeing Tom's photos), North Fork Sauk (if it's not under snow), Downey Creek, a few others I can't think of off the top of my head without coffee. tongue.gif I'll pour over the maps and watch the weather predictions tonight and decide. Since it's cloudy this weekend, Im hoping for a nice forest/moss hike, maybe with a river or waterfall, without snow.

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostFri May 03, 2002 9:42 am 
I'm going to take a shot at Manastash Lake-might have to snowshoe some or all the way in...but if it's open, my friends the brookies will be ready to get after it.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri May 03, 2002 9:44 am 
whooo, i predict that the North Fork of the Sauk is still under snow, if you can even get up to there. I know for a fact that the rd. was closed at Deer Creek, coming from Granite Falls last weekend, (they said they were going to start plowing the road on 1 May02, and they get about a mile a day), So that puts them right about at B4 yesterday. I don't know how far up you can go on the Darrington side. I do know there is still snow up to the gate going into B4. suuure.gif

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri May 03, 2002 10:01 am 
I figured NFK Sauk was a longshot. I'm hoping to do something in the Suiattle area if I can. The latest MBSNF report for Downey Creek says the first mile is clear of snow and it's from a few weeks ago, so I may give it a shot since I've never hiked that one. I'll stop in a Buck Creek while I'm up there and do that short hike again as well. There's still a photo there I want to get. I'm looking at Cow Heaven on Saturday and Downey Creek on Sunday, weather permitting of course. After the week I've had, I'll need all the time "away from it all" I can get! frown.gif

Sawyer

Sawyer
PostFri May 03, 2002 11:30 am 
mcaver, check out Sulphur Creek trail a little past Buck Cr trail and Downey Cr trail. Smell the sulphur springs! I'm heading to the Tatoosh on Sunday.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri May 03, 2002 12:08 pm 
Arrrghhh!!! This weather is nuts! Someone please tell Mother Nature it's spring mad.gif.
Quote:
SATURDAY...SHOWERS... SNOW LEVEL NEAR 3000 FEET... AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE 30S. WIND IN THE PASSES WEST 10 TO 20 MPH. SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY...SHOWERS... SNOW LEVEL NEAR 2000 FEET AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES 30 TO 35.

PostFri May 03, 2002 12:34 pm 
I'd be headed to scramble a little peak in Wash Pass area named Wallaby if the HIWAY was open and if the forecast was better. I'm not much for going to a great area and not see anything being stuck in a cloud bank. Maybe I'll just chase Mrs Pappy around the barn.

janders

janders
PostFri May 03, 2002 12:42 pm 
I'm doing one of those overnight WTA work parties down towards Mt. St. Helens. Guess the 4-season tent will get some use this weekend. rolleyes.gif

"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri May 03, 2002 1:10 pm 
Well, i just went to town and back and quess what... It snowed down really low last night. Last time it snow down this low, there was a light dusting at the road block at deer creek. I looked at the DOT for the N. Casacade Hwy. and they say they are afraid of A in the Liberty and (one other chute) up there so they will re-look on the 6th of May. Until then the pass will stay closed. I would like to drive up there and look around, maybe this weekend if the weather looks, ify. But i am like Mike and don't like seeing a bunch of clouds.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri May 03, 2002 2:35 pm 
I'm heading up for a night at a cabin on Ingalls creek and then some 'splorin on ridgelines around Cashmere and Wenatchee. Looks like it will be cold, but a cold day outside is better than a warm day at work! Plus it's 'sposda be windy, which is good for wind powered sports.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MC

MC
PostFri May 03, 2002 3:27 pm 
We got snowed on last night up on the ridge between Dirty Harrys and West Deffiance. Tons of snow up there especiallly to North, even Granite Lakes are still snowed in. @k snow level this weekend.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster