Forum Index > Trip Reports > Skyscraper Pass-MRNP 7/17/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 5:10 pm 
Ooh-la-la! Today was a perfect day to be on the trail! Ford was finally sounding like he was basically over his nasty infection in his lungs from last weekend, and he needed some fresh air..... Weirdest thing is I didn't see ANYBODY after the junction at Frozen Lake-all the tourists were going up Fremont. So it was one of those nice, quiet hikes with just chattering chipmunks by the barrell, and a couple very upset Marmots....You know, I could have sat down by the headwaters of Lottie creek for hours-it was that peaceful. We went up to the pass and had lunch till the skeeters went into attack mode. Then we strolled back down to the creek for more viewing time of Berkley Park and the creek lol.gif This was the slowest hike I have done in a long time....but it just seemed like I wanted to make it last-the weather was perfect and the air was sweet smelling...give me a day high above with butterflies floating on me...sigh...I didn't wanna go home!!!! The snow is basically gone, with just some straight stretches to cross, and all the flowers are just opening. So go!Sunrise is calling for you to visit!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 5:34 pm 
Hey Sar, you're gettin out a bunch this season. Good for you. What's on the table next? What about that Thompson to Melakwa trip we were going to take? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Jul 17, 2003 9:02 pm 
I know I am backpacking with Rainrunner again this coming tuesday thru thursday! Up at Rainer most likely smile.gif Hopefully this weekend I will burn a couple more trails with the kid as the BF is going 4 wheeling.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.