Forum Index > Trip Reports > Palisades Lake Trail MRNP 7/19/03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 5:49 pm 
Thank you for the trail report from yesterday! you encouraged me to go brave the tourists today! Ford and me headed up real early and headed out. It truly is a pretty hike out there. Of the at least 12 lakes and tarns we saw, my favorites were Clover and that little tarn in the meadows right before you drop down to Upper Palisade Lake. WOW! That tarn was so gorgeous! We were going to have lunch at the upper lake...but...I go to filter some water at the lake, and even wearing bug juice I was covered in at least 100 skeeters in 5 minutes eek.gif We flew out of that lake basin SO fast! I got just enough water to make it back to the truck! I must say the meadows in this area are incredible, the ones of my fantasies lol.gif Ok - what sucked: Dear lord, that climb back up the ridge to Clover Lake-That trail IS steep! It made the final push up to the parking lot a breeze.... Had incredible weather, a balmy breeze and the trail to ourselves till the last 1 1/2 miles coming back. I'd say it was an awesome day in the high country! The trail is in near perfect shape, all footlogs are in, the frogs are hopping at Clover Lake and the snow is 99% gone. Just beware the bugs lol.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message