Forum Index > Trip Reports > Gothic Basin, Weden Lake 07-23-03
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 7:51 pm 
Gothic Basin, Weden Lake 07-23-03 I haven’t done anything in the north cascades, but a friend wanted to go find the Del Campo mines, so off we went. Never did find the mines due to not reading the rout description, and not really looking at the vintage pictures. Both of us were convinced Del Campo was down by Weden Lake. Not so. Oh well Gothic Basin is a really lovely place, and now, after re-reading the rout description left on the car, we know where to find the mine. Gothic Basin – Really cool! You people looking for a warm pond to swim in; there is one right after getting into the basin. We didn’t have any trouble with bugs, but there were several groups at the in the basin. Weden lake – Really cool! A cliff plunges into it on one side, and the other is scree, and talus. There is an old miner’s trail that can be followed to the lake. We did have to play the ever popular “where did the trail go?” game, but it wasn’t bad. I will be back to this lake. The old miners trail showed little evidence of use, and there was nobody at the lake. Happy Trails - KN
Gothic Weden 038
Gothic Weden 038

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JayMar

JayMar
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 3:43 pm 
Thanks for the post. This is a hike we plan to get to this summer.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message