Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > when is it a cult and when is it a religion?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quotemaster

Quotemaster
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 10:16 pm 
Randy wrote:
Rainhold Messier wrote:
Stefan and his peakbagger buddies are a cult.
Minebaggers and abandoned-trail-baggers - now there are a couple scary groups. Definitely cults!
Not only are quoters a cult, but lake baggers are too. Not that Sir Randy is a lake bagger or anything.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
phil trater

phil trater
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 1:34 am 
I witnessed a meeting tonight of some of the cult members. Tom: He is the leader and wears a ring with a large sapphire stone. He is the brains behind it. He talked of secret places, but revealed nothing. Allison: She is a key figure in the cult and carries two large green books with her. The books contain their teachings. Erik the Navigator: A shadowy figure. He left momentarily with Allison for a secret meeting. I don't know his roll at this point and he may not either. He may be brainwashed. Slugman: He knows most of the cult rhetoric and is the cult scribe. He stores all the cults valuable stuff in his wharehouse. Jen-Jen: A newbie but there is already the glazed look and she drank of the amber liquid that the rest did. Quark: She tried to indoctrinate her sibling and in-law into the cult. She is a recruiter and will stop at nothing. MCaver: He is the maintenance man for the cult and is working on the airconditioning. Though not a member, he eats only canned peas which is what the members are fed. They talked alot about recent violent threads, but I could only guess at what that meant. I think it is a style of kung fu clothing. They talked about cold lattes, ice covered lattes, and lattes with fish in them. I think the cult wears goofy clothes and drinks coffee, but this certainly hides something more sinister. I will pass more on as I learn.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 6:41 am 
Quote:
Since when is asking hard questions antagonistic? I haven't even been in the thick of most of the intense discussions of late.
It seems to me that your questions are disingenuous. You appear to ask questions that you have already made up your mind about and merely want to provoke a reaction from people, or am I wrong? If you are interested in the answers then why are you not in the discussions?

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 10:09 am 
International/Seattle Church of Christ = CULT

Support Search and Rescue. GET LOST!
Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 8:59 pm 
phil trater wrote:
XXXXX: A shadowy figure. He left momentarily with XXXXX for a secret meeting. I don't know his roll at this point and he may not either.
Planning counter-infiltration and how to dispose of spies and traitors, of course.
phil trater wrote:
He may be brainwashed.
Ah. The disinformation campaign is working... or is it?

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:06 pm 
Umm, yes, I mean.....NO.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:07 pm 
His "Roll" is a Kaiser. His role is a provocateur.

Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:09 pm 
marylou wrote:
Steve wrote:
Quote:
Since when is asking hard questions antagonistic? I haven't even been in the thick of most of the intense discussions of late.
It seems to me that your questions are disingenuous. You appear to ask questions that you have already made up your mind about and merely want to provoke a reaction from people, or am I wrong? If you are interested in the answers then why are you not in the discussions?
(snip Marylou's stuff)
I've known Marylou for - yikes, years and years now. We disagree very strongly re: politics. Enough that it's sometimes hard to communicate about politics because we have such different basic ideas about it - my impression, anyway. So, with those credentials, let me say that in my belief and in my experience, when she asks me a question about how I think about something, I find her truly interested. Heck, she asked me to take her shooting just 'cause she wanted to experience it, and you just have to check some old threads around here to see that that is a willingness to stretch out to understand something. I ask people questions 'cause I want to know about what and how they think - and sometimes am shocked to find myself changing my mind about something, even. Rare, but it happens. smile.gif More importantly, I learn about other people's perspectives and that's a Good Thing.

Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:11 pm 
Slugman wrote:
His "Roll" is a Kaiser. His role is a provocateur.
You calling me provocateur gave me my biggest grin of the day. Well, except for maybe my first glimpse of F-18s zipping around overhead...

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:29 pm 
Oh, I forgot to address the actual question. It is a cult whenever two or more people believe the exact same thing and form a club-like organization around that fact.

phil trater

phil trater
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:51 pm 
Erik the Nav wrote:
phil trater wrote:
XXXXX: A shadowy figure. He left momentarily with XXXXX for a secret meeting. I don't know his roll at this point and he may not either.
Planning counter-infiltration and how to dispose of spies and traitors, of course.
phil trater wrote:
He may be brainwashed.
Ah. The disinformation campaign is working... or is it?
Erik, can you make any sense of the quotes above? See what I mean? You are brainwashed. Erik, we are sending in a rescue team to get you. After Monday, you will no longer be eating canned peas. I know this doesn't make sense to you now and you hate us all, but you'll be glad you did it. Your eyes were glassier than Kates in that post a few threads yonder.

Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 10:08 pm 
phil trater wrote:
Erik, can you make any sense of the quotes above? See what I mean? You are brainwashed.
Of course they make sense to me. I'm in on the secret.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 10:32 pm 
BTW phil trater, You are wrong about the mastermind. Did you not notice the unnamed man wearing the hawaiian shirt? Did you not wonder why he was not named as a group member? Did you not also drink of the amber liquid? Hmmmmm huh.gif

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 11:01 pm 
Phil did partake of the amber liquid. He was late, but as always, present.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods