Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Water?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 11:12 pm 
Someone help me understand. It has been requested that we not use as much water as usual because of the heat wave eg. lawn watering... What does heat have to do with water. I understand the issue of rain water affecting the water table but there is no rain in the summer anyway so what does heat have to do with it?

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jul 30, 2003 11:18 pm 
If you have been in the Northwest as long as some of us you will reckonize that the TV stations always need a story. In the summer it is drought even though the west side has never dried out is the last few million years. The rains will come, but not until millions of board feet of trees have been killed for pamphlets newspapers and what not warning of the need to conserve. Color me skeptical.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 1:43 am 
It makes sense to me. If it's hot, plants dry out quicker, so people tend to water more often. Any water that returns to the water table doesn't go back into the drinking water supply for most of the populous (i.e. Chester Morse or Tolt Resevoirs).