Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > It's.....RAIN!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 8:06 pm 
Never thought I'd enjoy seeing it coming down in August, but we do need it- at least they keep telling us that. Just hope it's raining in the mtns. and tinder dry areas and lightning isn't wreaking havoc out there.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
elkendo

elkendo
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 8:14 pm 
Hopefuly that will stop the brush fires on the Browns Point hill over here in Tacoma. Pretty strange seeing smoke all day long.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 8:32 pm 
Rain in WaRshington! This is great isnt it? Gotta love it. My cedar trees need it badly. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 8:47 pm 
There is one hell of a thunderstorm going on right now around where I live. I can see Pilchuck from here and the lightning is fairly intense. On the weather report today they were predicting "Dry Lightning" eek.gif I have my fingers crossed that it won't cause any more fires. BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 9:04 pm 
elkendo wrote:
Hopefuly that will stop the brush fires on the Browns Point hill over here in Tacoma. Pretty strange seeing smoke all day long.
So that explains the lovely aroma of heavy smoke when I came out of Costco today! It was really thick. The boyfriend commented that (and I paraphrase) "two sets of thunder? This is a thunderstorm???" From what he tells me about the East Coast, I never want to see one of their thunderstorms!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
-florida

-florida
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 9:27 pm 
sarbar wrote:
The boyfriend commented that (and I paraphrase) "two sets of thunder? This is a thunderstorm???" From what he tells me about the East Coast, I never want to see one of their thunderstorms!
I agree with your BF!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 11:43 pm 
sarbar wrote:
From what he tells me about the East Coast, I never want to see one of their thunderstorms!
Thunderstorms are incredible. They are one of the few things I miss about living in Texas. Such an awesome display of nature's power.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 11:49 pm 
Try near the equator, I was in one in singapore the filled the street 2' deep in a few minutes. Same in the SW I have seen huge ones in CA, NM, and AZ.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 1:03 am 
I was out hiking today past Salmon-La-Sac. We got hard rain for about half hour at lunch time. It cleared up for most of the afternoon before the clouds rolled in again in the evening. Lots of lightning and lots of rain. It was raining hard for the last half hour of our hike out and continued to rain until we got almost to Roslyn where it was clear.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 3:03 pm 
Come on Brian, you've gotta tell us about your trip. Was it one of those triple secret TB hikes? Did you use one of your YOU designs inflatable boats? winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
treewalker

treewalker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 3:14 pm 
sarbar wrote:
The boyfriend commented that (and I paraphrase) "two sets of thunder? This is a thunderstorm???" From what he tells me about the East Coast, I never want to see one of their thunderstorms!
One thing I experienced out here that I had never seen before was thunder and lightening in a SNOW storm. That was cool... I do miss big thunderstorms though... the thunder would go on for hours and hours... wonderful to sleep to. One night a hurricane came through and knocked down a big tree that blocked my car in it's parking space for a few days. Power was out for a week and we narrowly missed being crushed in our sleep. This was in urban Atlanta. Another couple things I miss: crickets and fireflies...

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 4:30 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Come on Brian, you've gotta tell us about your trip. Was it one of those triple secret TB hikes? Did you use one of your YOU designs inflatable boats?
Yep, it was a secret TB hike. I brought my boat, but we were running late and I didn't get a chance to bring it out, even though I wanted to.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 5:20 pm 
Rats. Well jolly good then. Hope you had a good time, wet and all. How do you TB guys feel about the gate on the middle fork RRRRRRoad? It's going to make your triple top secret, in the middle of the night jaunts into thems out of the way lakes around there more difficult. TB

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 6:29 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Rats. Well jolly good then. Hope you had a good time, wet and all.
Had a great time!
Quote:
How do you TB guys feel about the gate on the middle fork toad?
I didn't know the MidFork had a toad smile.gif Seriously, the club has members who are on all sides of that debate.
Quote:
It's going to make your triple top secret, in the middle of the night jaunts into thems out of the way lakes around there more difficult.
That doesn't matter at all. We'll get the job done no matter what it takes and without complaint.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Aug 06, 2003 6:41 pm 
Road Road Road. Rats, that bloody T key to to damn close to the R key. Well anyway, you guys are troopers, and that's for sure and for certain. You were correct about Ice Bergski. There was very little place to camp. Beautiful lake though. TB