Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > wanted: puppy recipies!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 9:37 pm 
Ok, so I got home from work today and found my 4 mo bundle of joy had dug out of the kennel and had a wonderful time in the backyard! Torn out were my blueberry bushes, mad.gif my zuchinni plant (ok, no big loss, but still), mad.gif some of the pole beans, mad.gif and she dug up one tomato (I think it'll live). To top it off when I opened the door she ran inside and peed all over the kitchen mad.gif . While she is an adorable little thing, I find myself pondering recipes. 2 rear legs marinated overnight in red wine, garlic, bell pepper, and sage. Slowly barbequed until med. rare. What do you think? Any ideas?
the culprit.........
the culprit.........

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Smokey

Smokey
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:27 pm 
Great picture. She looks innocent to me, sure it wasn't moles.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:30 pm 
She's lucky she's cute!!!!! The canine crunchies sound great, I could serve them as appetizers with kitty stew for the main course.

polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:32 pm 
That innocent and adorable puppy could never have done that stuff. Turn off the oven. The neighbor that you gave zuchinni to last year probably heisted some this year.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:38 pm 
Those are innocent eyes if I've ever seen them. I bet the husband did it.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:51 pm 
Obviously, it was an inside job. You have small troll-like creatures living in your baseboards. They mostly come out at night, so be sure to sleep with one eye open. They tried to cover up the damage by setting fires and your dog simply rushed to the rescue and peed on the flames to put them out. Highly commendable and intelligent. hockeygrin.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:57 pm 
Adorable she is, innocent she most certainly is not! Besides it was zuchinni bread I gave out, not the raw vegetable. And brother, my zuchinni bread is good!

christy_E

christy_E
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 7:01 am 
Ever notice how well zucchini bread holds up in a pack? You can also can it. Yep.. bake it right in canning jars. Makes for great gifts. Need help cementing that kennel? So her accomplice can't come by and dig her out again.

Ink, it costs a lot to look this cheap.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 8:13 am 
Nice mutt, just don't let it grow up to narrate trip reports here and at WTA- ..."I took my human along with me on the hike, he was well-behaved blah blah..." Those are so irritating. rant.gif Good day smile.gif

Mike E.

Mike E.
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 11:00 am 
jenjen, You're dog is an absolute twin to mine, at least in the face, mine's only about 14" tall. I recommend that you keep her for a while. Just when I thought mine was good for nothing but stew,I took her mushroom hunting. That little dog's worth her weight in gold ! She can smell a chantrelle from 100 yards.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 12:30 pm 
Oh, all right she can stay. For now. Cause she's got these really cute puppy snores. And when your mad at her she looks pathetic and starts hiccuping. And I'm a softy (mostly). But she better not destroy my raspberries or I really will make canine crunchies!!!!!!!!!

WrongBridge

WrongBridge
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 8:33 pm 
Jenjen, My secret with my dog Juji is to take her down to the beach and run the pee out of her on the beach. Her fastest sprint was 28 mph! She loves to chase me in my truck. I have her trained not to run near the truck so I never have to worry about hitting her. WB

Too much of a good thing is wonderful (May West)
catwoman

catwoman
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 10:17 pm 
Aaaahhhh yes! What a sweet little face! And yeah, what wrongbridge said..... part of the reason dogs destroy things is because of boredom and needing exercise. They need a LOT of exercise, and that means you participating in exercising her. As for boredom.... have you ever heard of Kong toys? They're these hard rubber things with holes in them. You can spread peanut butter and throw in some other treat niblets or whatever. This can help to occupy them because they have to work at getting to those wonderful smells. up.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 10:30 pm 
Yeah, we go to the off leash park everyday and spend at least a hour running and swimming and chewing on other dogs. She has lots of toys all over and our 2 other dogs to play with. She's just a high energy dog and a puppy and yesterday was particularly bad. dizzy.gif We specifically chose a German Shorthair from hunting lines so we would have a really smart and independent dog. Unfortunately this makes for a real bear of a puppy. In 2 years we will have an absolutely wonderful companion, we just have to get there. I went through the same thing with Buster, the dog on the avatar. He's a Kelpie (herding dog) and was the most high strung busy puppy I've ever seen. He's wonderful now tho. Sigh....

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 10:48 pm 
Anyone who wants a great read about life with a dog should be interested in this. "A Dog Year" by Jon Katz. I like Katz's other books too but this one had me by the ropes. It is his story about going from a completely laid back life as owner of two yellow labs to suddenly adopting a 2-yr old border collie named Devon. The things you will read in the first 50 pages that the dog did as he tried to keep from killing it will make anything your dog does seem like NOTHING! It has been especially rewarding for me to read....my border collie puppy (well, 18-month old 'puppy' still) is as mellow as a sloth compared to this dog! It is a wonderful story on how he modified things and the amazing relationship that ended up being developed between them...and the other dogs. Picture a wild scared border collie running through Newark, NJ airport...or surfing on top of a delivery van...or herding semis on I-80...and you get the picture.... smile.gif