Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > A paradoxical hike to Snow Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zzz-zz-z-zeno

zzz-zz-z-zeno
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 6:44 pm 
Yesterday I started out on a hike to Snow Lake via the Middle Fork trail. My plan was to get to the lake and take a swim, but I was worried that with the trail being longer than the I-90 route, I might not arrive there. I started up the trail just as the sun began its journey across the sky. At the halfway point, I realized I still had half the distance to go, so I ate some gorp. I decided to eat more gorp when I reached the next halfway point. Pretty soon I was a mile from the lake, so I knew I'd get more gorp at the final half mile point, then the quarter mile point, then the eight mile point, etc. Soon I was noticing that I was running out of gorp rapidly, but while I grew ever closer to the lake, I was always a hairs breadth away, or a half hairs breath... mad.gif , suddenly I realized that while I could get exceedingly close to the lake, by going half the remaining distance each time, I would never get my swim bawl.gif . Of course by this time, I was now out of gorp rolleyes.gif , and the sun had long finished its journey doh.gif . So, what do you think? Is the paradox solved? ...or are we being blinded with science.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 7:00 pm 
Polarbear, I saw that quick edit. Snow Lake again? Say it ain't so! Where are those Wildcat pics and shouldn't this be in the TR forum?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 7:05 pm 
With there being a bounty on Wildcats and all, it is on my list for sure, but I need to get in shape by hiking to Snow Lake a few more times (or as close to the edge of Snow Lake as I can get). I tried to put this in the trip reports section but I can only get to the edge of the section and no further. You may have better luck. I am off to the store to buy some gorp.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster