Forum Index > Trail Talk > OK, is everybody dead??? - Good weather, lots to write about??
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JimK

JimK
PostTue May 14, 2002 1:03 pm 
Saturday was spectacular on top of Navaho Peak. Since there was no wind at all, I spent just over an hour on the summit. I did not see another person the whole day. Great snow conditions all the way and not a cloud in the sky. Quite a bit different than a week earlier when it was 35 degrees and snowing on top of Sasse Mountain. I even got in some glissading on the way down. All in all, a spectacular day for a snow scramble.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue May 14, 2002 1:35 pm 
Quote:
I am new to this forum - actually I've never joined a forum before. This looks like one I would like to stay in touch with.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and topics here, with an occasional skirmish or two, as is to be expected. Fine group of folks, though.
Quote:
Have any suggested early hikes up highway 20?
I was up on SR-20 this weekend and it seemed to be a pretty popular destination. The trailheads for Easy Pass, Rainy Lake, Cutthroat Lake and Bench Creek were very crowded, as well and the pulloff area just below Cutthroat Peak. Mostly skiers. The lower elevation trails that were free of snow were surprisingly clear of people. I saw virtually no cars at either the Canyon Creek or East Creek trailheads. The Ross Lake Resort parking lot had several, as usual. It seemed everyone was taking advantage of the sun & snow while it lasted. I've never done most of these trails, but they are on my list for this year. About the only one I've done in the area is Thunder Creek.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message