Forum Index > Trail Talk > Don't you hate it when... - Ugh.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
C Dog

C Dog
PostSun May 05, 2002 10:15 pm 
Well, my physical therapy is going good, hopefully I'll be out hiking in a couple of weeks, dammit! smile.gif For now I'll just have to continue reading everyone else's trip reports and stories!

// Chris Duval // WashingtonHikes.com //
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostMon May 06, 2002 7:46 am 
Gosh, i can't say that i have hurt my knee or ankle, yet. Hope i never do. This winter i was snowshoeing and i threw a pole across a creek, hit a branch and fell down in the creek bed. Had to go down and get it, the guy who pulled me out (mind you the snow banks on the side of the creek where almost two people tall in places). Thought i weighted more than i do (must be a whole 100 wet), but that's ok. He kinda yanked me hard and tore the my muscles in my left shoulder. Then about 5 days after that i was sleeping and i rolled over and broke a couple of my ribs (hurt). My doctor says it was probably the pull out of the creek bed, hurt my ribs and then they just snaped. I have been hiking but with very little on my back. Most of the time i hike w/my camera's around my neck. My ribs have been doing really good, but my shoulder is really bugs me most of the time. Seems like you can't hardly move with out using it, or twisting it then it is hurting again. But i have high hoped for this summer, just bought a frame backpack. mad.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu May 09, 2002 8:56 pm 
Ice babe (I mean girl). As a guy who battled bone cancer (21 years old) and lost 5 ribs in the process, and who has broken the remaining few ribs many times, I cant/wont believe that you ever broke a rib/ribs by rolling over in your sleep! Something else is going on here. If your DOC told you that PLEASE get a second opinion! Ribs are wonderful, and a bummer at the same time. You KANT break them based on muscle pulls! Tom Bentzen

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri May 10, 2002 3:30 pm 
I didn't mean to say i broke my ribs rolling over in bed, but in a way i did. The Dr. thinks that they were hurt when i got pulled out of that creek bed, and when i rolled on them wrong it just finished the job. i don't know how they got hurt, all i know is that it felt like someone slugged in the ribs in the middle of the night. Ice Girl suuure.gif