Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Reminder: Talk like a pirate friday
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostThu Sep 18, 2003 6:50 pm 
Just a reminder that tomorrow is Talk Like a Pirate Day. If you are on the trail, include phrasology in your journey I am tired of walking planks. Ahoy, look at that crows nest! The devil take ye, ya scurvy mosquito. Arrrrrr! I was her first mate, but now grog is. The bilge rats run over me sleeping bag all night. Any of you swarthy dogs need to go to the bung hole?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Sep 18, 2003 8:42 pm 
Now, rember not to scare the missus too much when your in the Minivan on your way to hike that 1/4 mile paved loop up at Hurricane Ridge! If you scare her too much, she won't be able to eat her chilidog at the take out counter next to the ye old gift shop hihi.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 8:35 am 
Arrrr. I'll be sure to hoist the Davy Jones on my $600 backpack!

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 8:55 am 
Avast ye mateys! Arrrrrr

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 2:19 pm 
Err, ok, why are we doing this? Matey (and mate-ettes) TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 2:39 pm 
Pirate Day? confused.gif Isn't that the day those stupid Seafair Pirates hit town, shiver me timbers. Did anyone else notice in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie with Johnny Depp how cleverly the film incorporated "scenes" from the Disneyland ride into the movie? Like the bawdy sea-port village with pirates carousing with wenches, etc. Yeah, yeah, I know the movie was loosely based on the ride but I still thought it was a nice touch. That's the best ride ever at Disneyland, the best atmosphere, the best restaurant too (The Blue Bayou). This will probably start a chat on best rides at Disneyland, sorry for that. Thank god for small favors they haven't made an "It's a Small World" movie- you'd never get the theme song out of your mind! hurl.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 2:53 pm 
I am NOT a Depp fan, but credit must be given where its due. He did a great job with that movie. If you haven seen it, you should. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 3:12 pm 
Depp's performance really made the flick for me- otherwise the flick ran too long & it was after all just another big special effects summer entertainment pic. The heroine was comely & had some spirit- that was ok by me too smile.gif I will say that whatever millions they spent producing it a lot of the dough showed on the screen. I want to know who the guy was that made the decision in the past few years that the theatre sound system must be turned up to "11", especially during previews! My gawd, I like surround sound THX Dolby Digital just as much as the next guy but we're going to be deaf as a society darn soon unless someone turns down the volume! Yeah I'm an old fart and I sat thru innumerable (big word) rock concerts in my ancient youth- but its funny how movies were watched then with more normal sound levels. What gives? Huh? Can anyone hear me??? bawl.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 3:17 pm 
Arrrr It's talk like a pirate day because, well, somebody thought it should be. 'Sides, its kinda fun! The Pirates of the Carribean movie was great. I honestly enjoyed that flick more than any of the other movies I wasted money on this summer. Avast! (what does that mean, anyway?)

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 3:41 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
its funny how movies were watched then with more normal sound levels. What gives? Huh? Can anyone hear me??? bawl.gif
Maybe it's to drown out the people that insist on chit-chatting and talking on their cell phones during the movie. rant.gif One of the reasons I only see a few movies a year in the theatre. Well, that and the fact that most movies these days completely suck.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 4:17 pm 
I've never been bothered by that fortunately- just the usual suspects who kick your seat back or sit in front of you when there are lots of other seats available. I hear ya about all the lousy movies down.gif , plus going to the movies is like attending a sports event now- it can bankrupt you $$$$. Gee I wonder why home theatre has taken off?

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 4:20 pm 
Aye, me buckoos! Rally round and join me to lay seige to the blaggards that lay the devil at our feet!!! For too long, me lads, we have endured the scourge of bad movies. Far too many doubloons have been wasted. ARRRRR!!! A taste of me steel is in order. And into the briny deep with thee!!!!

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
touron

touron
PostFri Sep 19, 2003 10:26 pm 
Arrr, only 1-1/2 hours more in which I can talk like a pirate. Talking like one is ok, just don't act like one. Shiver me timbers! What a lass!

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostMon Sep 22, 2003 11:00 am 
Now if it was Drink Like a Pirate Day, that's a celebration I could get behind.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent