Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Thread length
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Sep 26, 2003 5:28 pm 
Yes, the Chibbuly=Kinkade thing works for me.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mgd

mgd
PostFri Sep 26, 2003 7:16 pm 
There is nothing wrong with Tacoma just remaining how it is. At least it has a reputation. Why should it try to be another Seattle? At least the Tacoma was named after it and not the Aztec which I seem to see everywhere all of a sudden.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostFri Sep 26, 2003 8:24 pm 
mgd wrote:
There is nothing wrong with Tacoma just remaining how it is. At least it has a reputation. Why should it try to be another Seattle? At least the Tacoma was named after it and not the Aztec which I seem to see everywhere all of a sudden.
I shudder to think this is a new trend but it seems inevitable now, naming vehicles after second-tier cities. The Ford Cleveland? Dodge Billings? Chevrolet Fresno? Izuzu Humptulips? Kia Fort Wayne? Pontiac must be running out of Native American names, now they're naming vehicles after vanquished Central American peoples-and can't spell it right. Next it will be European/Asian groups like the Visigoths, Huns, Tars & Mongols. I do think Tacoma has a better ring to it on a vehicle than Seattle...

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 5:18 am 
As far back as I can remember, Tacoma has had a stigma. Maybe from the pulp mill days. I'm sure the bases around don't help either. Once in Calif in the late 60's, I told some people I met where I was from. *Everett? We can smell it and Tacoma way down here.* It does sound good on the truck tho. Tacoma & Spanaway aren't on my list of favs. Never have been. The Glass Center used to have an open house once a year. Anyone know if they still do that? NN And what's wrong with Startup?

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 10:34 am 
polarbear wrote:
Tacoma isnt' bad since alot of people don't even know it's a city, that is if it is a city. How about the Startup or the Goldbar or the Sultan??
Nothing against those communities except that the mere mention of them brings up oodles of frustration from the many SLOW times driving thru them on Hwy 2! mad.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 11:17 am 
wasn't there a DOT budget proposal for building a startup/sultan goldbar bypass for hwy 2? gosh that would be sweet.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 11:45 am 
Yep, that's been discussed for sure. I emailed Sen. Murray & Cantwell's offices a couple years ago about such legislation and Murray's office replied (I gave up communicating with Cantwell's office on anything after they never responded to my emails on various issues- Murray's answered every email & letter I've ever sent up.gif ) but I can't remember the reply other than they said they knew it was an issue and were studying it, blah,blah). The funny thing too, is I've heard there is good support from those towns in building a by-pass because the townspeople can't drive around their own town (especially on weekends) without encountering traffic jams from tourists,vacationeers,hikers, skiiers, normal people wink.gif , etc. passing thru. Classic examples are Sequim's by-pass, built after long-standing complaints from everybody both in-town and out, and North Bend. Of course in this time of budget cut-backs I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to happen in the near future on Hwy 2. bawl.gif

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 8:35 pm 
Would you silly bastards stay on topic? This thread drift is making this thread too long!

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 9:07 pm 
The Energizer Thread
kleet wrote:
Would you silly bastards stay on topic? This thread drift is making this thread too long!
Ssssssssssh Don't be goin' on spoiling our little game.... paranoid.gif AHEM- Hey hows about those M's!!! Two in a row over the A's!!! We're on a roll now! up.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Sep 27, 2003 9:23 pm 
It keeps runnin' and....
Say, I pulled some down too today, but the flagger wasn't in a good mood with me and sent one of her burly construction workers after me with a road grader! Imagine that! Hey hows about those 'Hawks! 3-0 baby! Won't lose tomorrow either, heh heh heh! up.gif

tak n. tayp

tak n. tayp
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 am 
There is nothing wrong with flags. Why do people throw a hissy fit about them??? Since they don't biodegrade, you can always go back and collect them at any point in time. It's not like you are littering since you can always retrieve them. As for me, I just leave them for the next person. I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail this year. I flagged the whole route plus some side routes. Next year I"m hiking he PCT in reverse. The flags will already be there so I don't need to carry them now. up.gif Cairns are ok, but there are only so many rocks before you run out, and when you hike in the desert you have to carry your own supply down.gif There is almost an unlimited supply of petroleum from which flags are made. Has anyone here ever played capture the flag?

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 9:28 am 
Capture the flag is cool. What's even cooler is ultimate frisbee

Art is an adventure.
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 9:29 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
wasn't there a DOT budget proposal for building a startup/sultan goldbar bypass for hwy 2? gosh that would be sweet.
It might be good for us, but bad for business......

Art is an adventure.
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 9:31 am 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
AHEM- Hey hows about those M's!!! Two in a row over the A's!!! We're on a roll now! up.gif
When they started losing so much against Tampa Bay, I knew then the Mariners lost the passion to win any more.

Art is an adventure.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 1:11 pm 
Stefan wrote:
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
AHEM- Hey hows about those M's!!! Two in a row over the A's!!! We're on a roll now! up.gif
When they started losing so much against Tampa Bay, I knew then the Mariners lost the passion to win any more.
Aaaaaaah, who gives a rip any more- their season is kaput! Old news. On to football!