Forum Index > Photography Talk > Digital Camera
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Duncan

Duncan
PostWed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 pm 
Okay everyone, I hope this hasn't already been covered in the not too distant past, so here goes. I am getting ready to buy my first digital camera. I have decided on a point and shoot style to start with, something to get used to the format, style etc... After looking around, reading lots of reviews, checking price's, I've settled for one of these two camera's: Canon A70 or the Nikon Coolpix 3100. Do any of you have any experiences (good or bad) that you can share as well as any recomendations. My only other camera that I've ever owned is a Nikon point and shoot that is about ten years old, so I know little or nothing about photography, settings, what features do what, lighting etc. There are so many awesome photographers on this site, amateur and pro alike, that some of you should be able to help me out. I will be using this basically as a point and shoot, but wish to use this as a stepping stone to better understanding and experience where photography is concerned. Thank you in advance for any and all replies!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 8:52 pm 
Both are good cameras. dpreview.com gives the nod to the A70 in their 3100 review. If you can't decide, I would go with whichever one is cheaper.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message