Forum Index > Trail Talk > What's high on your list? - "To do" dreaming: hikes and peaks, .....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 2:06 pm 
As if the weird little lake plateau on Crosby Mtn wasn't attractive enough already (Boner Lake), there is a crashed single-engine plane up there in the meadow. I've been told that it has been painted yellow so pilots flying the Stevens Pass corridor don't keep reporting it as a fresh crash.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 2:19 pm 
Boner??? Well, maybe I could use some company wink.gif.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 2:37 pm 
no problem. post lots of pictures, a trip report, complete with route. You'll get your increase in company. Do a 'speriment with Boner as sacrifice area and find out. eek.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 2:52 pm 
Do you guys have the rigs capable of driving the length of money creek? Where are you going to access Boner from? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 3:59 pm 
mcaver wrote:
Sore Feet, I do mean the Fairy Falls a few miles behind Wahkeena Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. I've been to the Gorge numerous times, but I never seem to make it back there. There's so much to photograph! Sorry to disappoint you. smile.gif
Awww. You suck. wink.gif Be sure to take LOTS of film on that one. The canyon between Necktie and Fairy Falls is incredible...100+ foot almost vertical walls covered head to toe in ferns. Anyone wanna do the Rainier Fairy Falls with me? frown.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 5:19 pm 
No more talk about Boner, you Boners! smile.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 5:40 pm 
That road isn't that bad, I took my Datsun up there a couple years ago and didn't even bottom.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 6:53 pm 
Road seemed fine to me last year. Better than the MFK-Qualmie.

polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 8:53 pm 
I saw the list I saw the list. What is it worth to you to keep it secret. lol.gif lol.gif B,S,S,E,C,C,C(R?),L,S,I Seriously though, I think we need a place name scrambler and maybe a limited number of decoder rings. paranoid.gif I think Captain Crunch has the technology, or at least I believe I've seen them marketing it.

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 9:42 pm 
After I get back from my May-June trip to Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Arches, Rocky Mountain, Dinosaur, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone I plan on doing the Tumac Mtn loop in July, 7 lakes basin in July and Skyline trail in August, and the Copper lake loop in September. Other minor hikes to be done at other times.eek.gif

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
PostFri Feb 22, 2002 11:15 pm 
THAT, (can't tell) has to be one of the strangest comments ever posted here. eek.gif and Steve. I hate you. biggrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Feb 23, 2002 1:00 am 
You folks worry too much. http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.a....=10&W=2 You figure you can barely find the trail to awesome places like the West Fork Foss and Delta Lake, places that are really pretty easy to get to, places that have been written up repeatedly everywhere from "100 Hikes" to WTA; how many people are going to attempt the difficult bushwhack to this obscure destination? Essentially, it's a small fraction of the people who frequent this site - and they've all either been there already or are planning to go. eek.gif You may find fishermen there before you, but not because they got the idea from something that was posted here. Hikers like me follow fishermen's trails, not the other way around. smile.gif And I thank you kindly. ........................... Also see LOW, Vol I, p 198 (photograph p 199). Rainbow planted in 1938. Brian will know whether or not it's been planted recently. And Chris has a good idea:try an experiment. Do a trail report on WTA and another one here, with map and photographs - and set up a register at the lake. moon.gif Brian or Dave or somebody can find out if there's an increase in catch reports. rolleyes.gif Really do it up right. Then either the secrecy clique can relax a little - or I can shut up. dizzy.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Feb 23, 2002 4:51 am 
Ebineezer da man!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Feb 23, 2002 5:35 am 
Bryan. Blanca Lake to Troublesome Creek's on my list, too, although maybe not so high up. Randy's already done virtually the whole thing, so it's no longer exploratory; just a matter of putting it together. It looks like an ideal two car setup, so keep me in mind. I couldn't keep up with you on the climb up to Virgin Lake, but I probably would catch up with you during the time you spent scuffling around trying to find angles to photograph the falls. smile.gif Maybe even do it with three cars. Drop two at the TC campground and people wouldn't have to worry about waiting for me to catch up. agree.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Feb 23, 2002 11:48 am 
The secrecy thing raises a question. Not to drift the thread too much but...at the Hi-Lakers meeting, I believe some concern was raised that there aren't as many young people interested in fishing. I'm curious if others think the same thing could apply to hiking. Is the hiking craze kind of like the jogging craze several years ago where everyone was doing it, but now just the die-hards are? Is hiking peaking/peaked in popularity? Will WTA have to implement a draft for trail volunteers rolleyes.gif ?