Forum Index > Trip Reports > Sunrise Backpacking, MRNP 9/27-28
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 4:56 pm 
This week Ford turned 6 years old so this trip was for him. ChristyE, her daughter Em, Ford and me headed up to Sunrise to get in one last trip up there before it closes for the year. We took our favorite spot at Sunrise Camp, set up and headed down to Shadow Lake for lunch. ChristyE is an awesome partner because she gets it~that soem trips are for miles, some are just for BS'ing and watching the tourons on a lazy fall afternoon..... We set off to do some hiking when I was stung by an unseen insect underneath my trekking pole's handle. By the time I got out my 1st aid kit there was icky white stuff bubbling out of my hand and my hand was swelling up....YUCK.......Ended up taking some Benadryl and fighting the sleepies for 4 or so hours...well even that we don't know-we both had forgotten our watches lol.gif So we went back to the lake and layed around eating junk food and then having a lazy dinner. The kids played in the lake, catching and releasing all sorts of ickies. Enjoyed the evening deers. Just perfect balmy weather-it wasn't cold or windy last night. And a perfect alpenglow. Same this morning-the sun came up and the hills and meadows are turning scarlett red and orange smile.gif And a nice stroll out. Bad side: A pair of idiot touron young ladies with a huge dog coming through the camp-the dog was running through the meadows-and came into our camp straight at the kids. There is little that annoys me more than people who flaunt NP rules on dogs. That dog had NO business to be on ANY trail, least not a NP trail!! Well, ChristyE did tell the lovely cursing ladies if that dog didn't get put on leash and they didn't get moving back towards Sunrise they'd get bear sprayed lol.gif And she would have lol.gif Further proof that we are elitist snobs in our enjoyment of tourons antics: the couple with the approx. 25 lb canvas carcamping tent, 70's style lawn chairs and cooler-how in god's name did they carry that?? Though I did enjoy the tourons feeding the camp robbers-and then wondering why the birdies won't leave them alone afterwards....duh..... So maybe not a big trip, but an enjoyable one. The miles will be on next weeks trip. PS: The White River RS closed today for the season along with everything else out there. The colors are very worthy right now to go see.
Packdonkeys at Rainer-1
Packdonkeys at Rainer-1

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message