Forum Index > Trip Reports > Grand Valley/ Lake Lillian/ Cameron Pass
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
smokeydon

smokeydon
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 8:06 pm 
Fall colors were at their prime for this trek. Had never been to this area before and it was not at all what I expected. I knew this was in the rainshadow but the the scenery is more reminiscent of a hike in the eastern sierra. (except the lack of granite) The off trail route descibed in the Olympic climbers guide was very easy to follow and had only one section of very minor brush. In several areas there is almost a trail to follow. Scrambled up to McCartney peak during the ridge traverse and made it to Cameron Basin in 7 hrs from the trailhead. The sun along the ridge traverse was draining, with it`s southern exposure and all. Had planned on scrambling up to Cameron pk but ran out of time, will have to get another time. For those of you who have never been to this area, plan a trip and experience Olympic park like never seen before. I guess I was supposed to say how much this place sucked shakehead.gif Oh well.
grand valley tarn
grand valley tarn
fall snag
fall snag
grand valley
grand valley

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bob K

Bob K
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 9:18 pm 
Great pictures...thanks for posting them. I like both, but I prefer pictures like these with the red and gold bushes to the ones with the larches. Man, that is some blue sky. Which day did you take those pictures? Sunday?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message