Forum Index > Trail Talk > Did Anybody Get Out Today?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 4:54 pm 
I just got back from working my bird dog at a kennel in Fall City, and it is absolutely gorgeous out there. Sunny and 60 degrees near Fall City. The mountains looked incredible. Did anyone get a chance to get up there today?

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 5:16 pm 
Nope, but I keep looking out my window and can't believe the forecast is for rain this weekend waah.gif. Rainier is perfectly clear - not a cloud in the sky. I assume that old rule of thumb doesn't say anything about a cloud not being over Rainier.

C Dog

C Dog
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 6:33 pm 
Ugh, same here.... my downtown work window faces the Olympics, I've been drooling all week.

// Chris Duval // WashingtonHikes.com //
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 6:48 pm 
OOH OOH ME ME ME!!! Not that I got very far. Had to go to North Bend to drop off my taxes, so I swung by Snoqualmie Falls and did some bushwhacking around Tokul Creek. Not much of a hike, but it gave me a good workout. smile.gif

salish

salish
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 10:19 pm 
In the morning I'll be heading over to fish Rocky Ford, near Soap Lake, for the weekend. I think I'll do some wandering around Clem Elum or the Quillomene. I'm sure it will be sunny near Ephrata/Soap Lake. I also know that as soon as I'm nearing Easton on the rebound I'll start seeing dark clouds ahead and have to hit the wipers before Cabin Creek. Have fun. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostSat Feb 16, 2002 2:13 am 
On Friday I was lucky enough to get out and climb Low Mt. It lies to the NE of Granite overlooking the Denny Creek trail. It tops out at 5,400' so the name is somewhat of a misnomer. Pilchuck comes in at 5,324' and noone ever called that Low. The views are the best in the house for Denny and The Tooth. The wind was guite strong on the summit ridge and goggles/mask were needed. You all should give this obscure peak a try on a day when you need to be back home by 4:00PM.

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostSat Feb 16, 2002 2:19 am 
Got out to the Marymoor climbing apparatus if that counts, great day, and rainier shined in the sunlight. Got to do my first lead route ever, and it was fun! Thursday I made an attempt on the NE Buttres of Chair but got turned back because of large bergshrund/thin ice. Maybe in the spring

PostSat Feb 16, 2002 12:47 pm 
Ran 5 miles Friday, at about an 8 min pace on what turned out to be a lovely "April" day. Coming off two repairs of same knee in past 11 months this was a blast for me and am encouraged that I'll be able to do more agressive outdoor activities soon! Still a little leary of the twisting nature of snow travel - but soon....