Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snow Lake 10/13/2003
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 1:53 pm 
Hey Sar, are you and Fordski going to make the end of the middle fork gtg on the 25th? Love to see you guys there.' TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 2:18 pm 
I'll have to see! I can't rember if that is the weekend we are going 4 wheeling (This is getting bad, this will be my 4th weekend either backpacking or carcamping in a row!! And I think I'll be doing the same for the next 2!!) We are doing a huge PNW carcamping (ie...drinking a lot of booze and bsing all night) trip this weekend with a whole bunch of repeat offenders lol.gif I am going to have to pull out my calendar! Hopefully I'll be there biggrin.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 5:36 pm 
Repeat offenders? lol.gif I like that. agree.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 5:38 pm 
dicentra, seems to me that I'm the one you should be thanking. lol.gif You're welcome. moon.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 5:51 pm 
Huh? I don't get that ML. Ummmmm...repeat offender refers to the fact that we hike together a lot, and we like to drink a lot, and bs a lot.......

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 5:58 pm 
dicentra wrote:
Thanks for the truely entertaining thread!!! baaa.gif
You must have missed this part.

ode to snow

ode to snow
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 8:45 pm 
Snow Lake's as good as lakes can get, up.gif (though write of it and you may regret) mum.gif A lake of quite high qualitude, agree.gif Just don't expect much solitude, rant.gif But if you wish it, and have the strength, jab.gif The shorline is a mile in length, huh.gif With a beauty that most rarely plumb, wub.gif If you haven't traversed it, I say you're doh.gif With hidden wonders in every nook and cranny, dizzy.gif For cousin Edith and Aunt Fanny, smile.gif smile.gif So if you've never been to Snow, wazzup.gif Get off your moon.gif it's time to go. agree.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 8:51 pm 
Aewsome poem biggrin.gif And oddly, we saw almost nobody up there on that trip till the last mile or so......we had the lake to ourselves, just the sound of an inlet creek punding full of water and a zillion waterfalls cascading...

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 9:18 pm 
marylou wrote:
dicentra, seems to me that I'm the one you should be thanking. lol.gif You're welcome. moon.gif
Why should I thank you? Sarbar started the thread... but thanks for the laughs! moon.gif lol.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 7:57 am 
Aw, come on, if it weren't for me, this would have just been another plain old vanilla TR about a place everyone has been like a MILLION times. As it is, you got four fun-filled pages of my sarcasm sarbar's indignance my detractors (see tattoo thread for details of my pending demise at the hands of a bunch of baseball-batted tattoed hikers) sarbar's fan club quark's incisiveness And a whollota jibbity jabber. All included in the price of your membership. wink.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 8:02 am 
Not EVERYONE has been there wink.gif Maybe 90% of the people here, but not everyone biggrin.gif Eh, what do I care? I'm going carcamping all weekend with my PNW Posse to drink too much, dayhike too much and drink some more lol.gif And maybe we'll show each other our tattoos hihi.gif I've got to get my fan club party favors ready dizzy.gif (Oh wait, that's just the tub of margaritas I'm passing off as favors......) Don't worry Marylou, I'll have a big 'ol trip report for you, with group photos and descriptions of all the boring trails we did lol.gif

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 9:43 am 
marylou wrote:
Aw, come on, if it weren't for me, this would have just been another plain old vanilla TR about a place everyone has been like a MILLION times. As it is, you got four fun-filled pages of my sarcasm sarbar's indignance my detractors (see tattoo thread for details of my pending demise at the hands of a bunch of baseball-batted tattoed hikers) sarbar's fan club quark's incisiveness And a whollota jibbity jabber. All included in the price of your membership. wink.gif
eek.gif WOW...someone thinks quite highly of themselves. LMFAO.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 2:09 pm 
I was just reading a thread about this very subject over on cc.com. It got me thinking that no matter what I think about sarbar dissing the "tourons" and writing about every agonizing detail of every hike, dissing on TRs is not good form. I generally don't read hers for this reason, and I'm going to refrain from commenting negatively on them in the future.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 7:17 am 
Quote:
Don't worry Marylou, I'll have a big 'ol trip report for you, with group photos and descriptions of all the boring trails we did
Don't forget to include a description of every inch of road you drive in 4x4 mode, the more alpine the better, Marylou luvs that stuff.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
touron

touron
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 2:43 pm 
I just reread the original trip report (since here we are 5 pages later and I kind of forgot what it said). With the exception of the confusing use of the word "pooping" it's a good report.
Quote:
The waterfalls were pooping out everywhere-after the dry, dry year seeing all the water was just awesome!
It's apparent its context reveals its meaning, however.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.