Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Wild Sky Wilderness
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Duncan

Duncan
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 9:08 am 
Does anyone currently know the status of this legislation? The most current thing I can find is the it cleared the Senate Energy and Natural resources Committee on July 23rd. Does anyone know if it will be able to come up for a vote this year or will it die at the end of the legislative session again as it did last year. Any insights or information would be appreciated. July is the most recent news I can find concerning this.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 9:35 am 
Well, I haven't heard anything, but I hope it goes down. I know, I know I'm the only one on this board that feels that way. But, that's the case with a lot of things here.... TB down.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 11:20 am 
No Teddy Roosevelt comparisons for you. tongue.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 11:27 am 
TR was a CONSERVATIONIST, he was NOT a radical environmentalist! There is a difference. Sorry bubba. TB winksmile.gif agree.gif hmmm.gif winksmile.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 11:56 am 
This editorial from the PI doesn't say much about what is going on with Wild Sky, but is is the most recent article I could find.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 12:57 pm 
There is no "radical environmentalist" aspect to the Wild Sky wilderness, just good, sound conservation for the future. Teddy would have loved it. BPJ, your answer holds no water at all! Conservation: save for the future, just as this bill will do. Radical environmentalism: stop all environmental degredation, including building new homes, malls, factories, and roads. Switch to all-public transit, stop all power generation using fossil fuels, stop all chemical fertilizers and pesticides, etc, throughout all of society. There are none of these aspects at all in this bill. I have heard conservative talk radio hosts spreading their typical hate-filled lies about this bill, but no one should fall for their obvious attempts to fool the American people like they so often have before. Remember, these are the same folks who told us that Saddam participated in 9/11, that WMD was a foregone conclusion, and that Rush was a decent human being, not a terrorist-lover as he has proven to be. (He has claimed numerous times that anyone who buys black market items supports terrorism, now he admits taking 30 oxycontin per day and yet has no prescription for them at all). A recent poll showed that 85% of those who get their news from conservative sources like Faux news have been brainwashed on critical matters of national importance. Only 25% of PBS listeners were equally mis-informed.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 1:26 pm 
Sluggo, stop and take a breath already. The point was that Im not TR. Well, all i said was that TR was a conservationist, not a radical enviro-commie like that exists today. Nobody was addressing this wild sky thing. All I said that I was against it. TR believed in LOGGING, and other necessary human activities you know. You can still conserve while managing at the same time Mr.. You lefties and your BS lies about conservative talk shows. All this bullsh## about "hate filled this" and "hate filled that" There is one HELL OF A LOT MORE hate coming from the left than is EVER spoken on conservative talk radio! I have listened to talk radio daily for 15 years! Have you? No you haven't. So show me all these lies and hate filled crap your acusing talk radio of. You cant. See, your as full of it as your accusations. Rush HASNT admitted to taking ANY amount of any specific drug! More LIES by the left. He HAD HAD HAD HAD prescriptions for Oxi, because his back surgery failed and he was in tremendous pain. Have you ever been in constant hard pain? I have. I had 5 ribs removed and other ugly sh## from a 17 hour cancer surgery. I still suffer from pain because of it. If you had ever had that kind of pain you'd understand what these drugs can do for you. They allow you to live. I can understand ANYBODY getting hooked on them. Pain sucks. I dont care who you are. How does getting hooked on LEGAL pain drugs make Rush a hypocrite or a BAD person? Hmm. He's human, right. How about backing off al little bit. You started the hate here Mr. There was no crap thrown until you jumped in. TB

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 1:33 pm 
My point about this wild sky thing has always been that there are ENOUGH wilderness areas around here. There are hardly any ORV areas. The ones that exsist are being taken away by crap like this. If you want your wild sky thing, then how about giving the thousands of people who ORV an alternative place to go. But you wont do that, because you elitist people ONLY recognize the worth of YOUR interests. To bad. TB

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:00 pm 
nwhikers.net.....not ORV.net mad.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:40 pm 
Fine. So now we CANT talk about our OTHER interests or persuits? Especially those that have an out of doors connection?!?! Pretty typical of this industry. To bad for you. TB mad.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:49 pm 
shakehead.gif Talk away and quit the name-calling BPJ, I just stated my opinion. But don't expect a lot of agreement with your position on a hiking website and then when you get opposition to it start in with labeling folks elitists, etc.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 2:53 pm 
Well I removed that label, and I appologize for it. I get carried away with it because I have so often met with severe opposition on a regular basis. People arent very considerate of other peoples interests. I dont particularly care for horses on the trail, but I recognize their right to their interests. TB

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 3:25 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
nwhikers.net.....not ORV.net mad.gif
or mlb.com hmmm.gif lol.gif winksmile.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 3:46 pm 
Oh, is Tommy feeling badly about too much baseball being yapped on about endlessly? bawl.gif Is it on its own thread titled Pointless Baseball Thread? Yes. Is there room for a thread about March Madness to be shoehorned in on the site. Oh probably, he would know. Is there a spot for an ORV wub.gif thread- where folks could toot their horns so to speak? Maybe.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 3:51 pm 
Wow, the Bullwinkle that stole Christmas. TB mad.gif waah.gif mad.gif biggrin.gif