Forum Index > Trail Talk > OK, is everybody dead??? - Good weather, lots to write about??
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostMon May 13, 2002 10:12 am 
Me, i have a bunch to write about. i was just waiting for someone else to tell about there adventures this weekend. Besides, i think most of you LOL at me, or think i am really not a person at all. Ice Girl tongue.gif Maybe i am just a wood nymph??

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon May 13, 2002 10:41 am 
I know you're real, Ice Girl. wink.gif My adventures this past weekend don't involve wilderness, unfortunately. We had to be in Orting at 8 AM Saturday for my 15 year old son's soccer game, then went to a barbecue with the team. While there, we got a call from a friend who has a place outside of Easton inviting us up for dinner. We got home around 10 PM Due to extreme neglect, my yard was starting to look like something out of Weedgrower's Monthly, so after making my wife breakfast, I hit it hard. After that I was off to Edmonds for my 12 year old daughter's two AAU basketball games. I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing??? shakehead.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostMon May 13, 2002 11:15 am 
I had high, but unrealistic plans for this weekend, but those were foiled by forces beyond control. I figured that our little baseball season would end tragically--lose in District playoffs but it took us two games to do it instead of one which wiped out Saturday. I had to pay sufficient respect to my mom and my wife on Sunday which took most of the morning, then I just crashed--hoped to get up on the Skyline Rim for a couple of hours, but I guess the intensity I put into 3 months of 12-14 days (or old age) just gets to me anymore. I'm rarin' to go next weekend, though.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon May 13, 2002 11:59 am 
Hey Ice Girl. I was just clown.gif around. I've know you are real. My two buddies ran into you coming down the gully. I took the logging road on the way down to save my knees from unnecessary abuse and missed out on the NW nessie sighting. Speaking of my two buddies (who I met at the trailhead), they are lurkers here. C'mon pipe in all you lurkers biggrin.gif. P.S. I'd be yakking a bit more today if my computer's hard drive were not crashing shakehead.gif.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon May 13, 2002 12:52 pm 
Looks like the initial post disappeared... I have lots to write about, but no time right now. I still don't have my trip reports from last weekend online! Soon...

janders

janders
PostMon May 13, 2002 1:42 pm 
Writing up my own trip report and mucking with pictures. Will post soon. Many thanks to Cascade Hiker for the fine recommendation to hit Ingalls Creek. What a beautiful trip! Hiked snow-free (except for a huge avalanche runout) all the way to about 3600' (7 miles in). Camped beneath Little Annapurna.

"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostMon May 13, 2002 1:55 pm 
Ok, here goes, i was in hiking heaven all weekend. First off i went to Icicle Gorge and hiked the loop between Chattercreek Campground and Rock Island Campground. I choose this one because there was snow in most of the other trails (my kids and i did this for Mothers Day). Warm, nice, relaxing hike throught the woods with the kids. Then, Sunday was kinda stressfull, had to meet my dad at 10:00 to go to the cemetary, for my mom. Seemed to take for ever 12:30. Finally got to make plans, off to Mt. Persis for a trail scoping trip. i really didn't think i was going to make it up the landslide, but i went up it really easy, it was warm, nice and adventurous. I really had a great mother day weekend, got to hike two days tongue.gif Plus, then i got to be a wood nymph (NW Nessie) and hide out from some of our companion posters. So all and all it was a great weekend. wink.gif

catwoman

catwoman
PostMon May 13, 2002 3:17 pm 
Saturday I photo'd a dog agility event and Saturday evening I assisted a photographer at a wedding reception. Sunday I went to Exit 38 with a friend for some climbing fun. (Talked to mom enroute to Exit 38.) I need to get a good hike in REAL soon - like maybe this coming weekend! Gotta find something without all that snow cuz I'm tired of it.

Sawyer

Sawyer
PostMon May 13, 2002 10:04 pm 
Went to some climbing friends' wedding Saturday, climbed Dirtyface Sunday, had shakes at the 59er Diner (highlight of weekend! any day that includes 59er shakes is a 4 star day), sawed logs today up the Suiattle. 'Twas a great weekend as usual! Nice to see such few posts on here -- people were getting out.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue May 14, 2002 1:30 am 
Had a freakin' beautiful day along the middle Yakima a few miles downstream of Cle Elum. Livin' the big easy, I'll remember that day for a long time. Just perfect. After a long cold spring, finally a blue sky day with *heat*! All the flowers are rocking, blue, purple, gold, white, tall grasses blowing in the breeze, the river below sparkling in the sun. wow.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
AJG

AJG
PostTue May 14, 2002 6:24 am 
Ice Girl wrote:
Me, i have a bunch to write about. i was just waiting for someone else to tell about there adventures this weekend. Besides, i think most of you LOL at me, or think i am really not a person at all. Ice Girl tongue.gif Maybe i am just a wood nymph??
tongue.gif Not dead yet! I am new to this forum - actually I've never joined a forum before. This looks like one I would like to stay in touch with. The west bank trail around Ross Lake is clear of snow and they have already completed some maintenance work. Have any suggested early hikes up highway 20?

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostTue May 14, 2002 6:52 am 
My garden is about 4000 sq ft including the three beds that contain about 250 strawberry plants. The fourth bed was nothing but weeds so I had to dig it all up to get some more stuff planted. The rest of the great weekend was spent doing yard maintenance. I wished I was in the mountains but I have to get everything ready for our 25 day trip to Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Arches, Rocky Mountain, Dinosaur, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone that will be taking place next week. I hope most of you were able to get out. Next weekend is expected to be more rain.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostTue May 14, 2002 7:47 am 
Ok, be mean to us poor people who have to work and stay home and can't (but want to go to all those places). Plus, most of us (i think) can't go for 25 days tongue.gif

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostTue May 14, 2002 8:11 am 
Well, with four kids I can't be considered wealthy by US standards. I was planning on taking the trip last year but while I was in Russia for a couple weeks my wife's van broke down and cost $2000 to fix so we had no $ to go on the trip and I saved my vacation time (almost two years worth) to be able to go on it this year. We don't normally get to go on vacations like this, only every few years.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
janders

janders
PostTue May 14, 2002 10:39 am 
AJG wrote:
I am new to this forum - actually I've never joined a forum before. This looks like one I would like to stay in touch with.
AJG, welcome!

"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing