PostTue Nov 04, 2003 11:20 am 
Yeah, maybe next time I'll order the berry pie- that looked good. biggrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 7:08 pm 
Enjoyed your trip report...pancakes never tasted so good I'll bet? "One car at the trailhead when we arrived. An aging impala with a trail pass. Perfect trailhead car. Loved it." Impala's...speaking of them and aging cars, I have a red on black 1965 SS Impala 300 HP with black dice dangling from the rearview mirror sitting in the garage...owned it for over 20 years now. Think I told you about it before. Only drove it to one trailhead, it's more or less a show and shine car now or driven on sunny days during the summer. Kind of an old high school type car, but I still love it... McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Karen

Karen
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 10:17 am 
McPil, That sounds like a great car. I love seeing cars (any kind of car) with dice. Brings back happy and no-so-happy memories of high school days. Had a terrible crush on a guy with a purple car (a Ford) with dice -- but he always had a girlfriend. I'd see that car in the high school parking lot and well, sigh ...... I always wished I was one of the girlfriends. Remember in those days seat belts weren't law and the girls always sat right next to the driver so you'd see these "two headed monsters" driving down the road and sitting at drive-ins. The first car friends and I drove to Monte Cristo before the lodge burned down and the road washed out was a monstrosity but I can't remember what it was .... it may have been an impala or a Chrysler. We called it the gunboat. But we didn't have dice. Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Dante

Dante
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 10:21 am 
It's the P.I. Hike of the week!
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostMon Nov 10, 2003 12:40 am 
"That sounds like a great car. I love seeing cars (any kind of car) with dice. Brings back happy and no-so-happy memories of high school days. Had a terrible crush on a guy with a purple car (a Ford) with dice -- but he always had a girlfriend. I'd see that car in the high school parking lot and well, sigh ...... I always wished I was one of the girlfriends. Remember in those days seat belts weren't law and the girls always sat right next to the driver so you'd see these "two headed monsters" driving down the road and sitting at drive-ins." I know it's thread drift but...I remember the two headed monster look...LOL. The drive-ins were wonderful, the movies so-so. And along Aurora Ave we sped (my date and I) after the late-late movie was over...the dice hanging from the rearview mirror danced to music of the car radio... Memories, some hot, some not. But the cars were always grand...my first was a 1957 Chevy Belair - Lavender & White (factory color) with white dice. What a car! McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com