Forum Index > Trail Talk > Question: Hiking Southern Oregon??? - Looking for trail ideas
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss
PostMon Apr 15, 2002 7:02 pm 
This is probably too far south, but... Going hiking down around Crater Lake. If the weather is lousy around the lake we'd like some ideas of places to go down lower. Any thoughts?? Hiking or backpacking or snowshoeing. All is fine. Email me if you like. Thanks!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Apr 15, 2002 9:43 pm 
Red Blanket may be low enough. ~10 mi ENE of prospect, but seeing as Crater Lake gets obscene amounts of snow, it may not be clear yet. I hear the Dread & Terror section of the Umpqua River trail is nice (start at Umpqua Hot Springs or Lemolo Falls). Gonna do that myself come June. Sky Lakes? Rogue R. Trail?

janders

janders
PostTue Apr 16, 2002 2:20 pm 
Rogue River canyon is fantastic! I've only seen it from the water so I can't speak to the trail itself but I believe it follows the river for the majority of the time. And it's pretty low so all the river trips we've done on it in April we're clear of snow. The only other trail I've done around that area is Mt. Thielsen (which hooks up with the Cascade Crest trail). Although, that has some higher elevations so that may be more like a snowshoe trip. If you get all the way to the top of the ridge looking out onto Mt. Thielsen, it's a heck of a view.
Mt. Thielsen

"Oh dang!" - Captain Amazing