Forum Index > Trail Talk > Shelokum Lake??? - route???
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Apr 29, 2002 9:56 am 
Since you guys did such an excellent job with Airplane Lake, how about Shelokum Lake which is just west of North Gardner. What I would like to know is this: Which way is it better to ascend to Shelokum Lake from the Cedar Creek trail? Should I stay to the west or to the east of the stream coming out of Shelokum Lake?

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu May 09, 2002 1:12 pm 
Okay, since you guys failed to give me specific directions on Shelokum Lake last week, I have decided to forgive you. But I am publishing it for the world to know!!!!!!!!! Here is the beta. Shelokum Lake West of North Gardner I highly doubt any fish are in this lake becuase it seems very shallow. But I could be wrong. Take the Cedar Creek trail to about 4300 feet in elevation. Around this elevation you will see a 30 foot Douglas Cedar snag on the right side of the trail with it top lopped off. At this point go directly down to Cedar Creek and cross on a barkless log. Looking for other logs across this torrential stream is virtually impossible. Cross on the log and head uphill and to the left reaching Shelokum Creek. Follow the creek however it suits you up to the lake. When we did it last weekend (5/5), we walked directly on the stream (which was covered in snow) all the way to Shelokum Lake. Fabulous setting for the lake in a beautiful cirque.

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message