Forum Index > Trail Talk > Worth it or not?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Twin falls state park

Twin falls state park
PostWed Feb 27, 2002 11:01 pm 
I guess I am just wondering if Twin falls state park is worth a friday trip for some fun and an outdoor getaway. I have looked it up on Vtrail and thought it looked beautiful. I am just wondering if it is worth a short trip for fun and a little getaway. My email is bla9@aol.com. I am looking for some close getaways for the winter months until summer days grace us with its presence. So anyhow if you have any ideas or pointers I would love to hear them. Jared

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostWed Feb 27, 2002 11:32 pm 
Here's an htm: photo& poem about Twin Falls Lake on the Pilchuck/Bald Mtn. divide, if this is the same Twin Falls your are talking about? I am not sure you can get too close right now because of the snow level, from either side (west or east) which I have done. Actually 3 different routes. At any rate, if you choose the popular route via Ashland Lakes/Bald Mtn. Trail, i would be very cautious going down into Twin Falls on the left side (trail) if there is snow and ice. http://www.alpinequest.com/veil2.htm

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Feb 28, 2002 12:32 am 
It's a nice area. The trail is short enough that it's more like a "why not?" kind of hike. The falls ought to be going pretty well this time of year (though with the temperature as cold as it's been, there could be ice). Pictures and info on the falls: Twin Falls Middle Twin Falls Upper Twin Falls

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Feb 28, 2002 7:35 pm 
It's one of the nicest falls within a half hour of seattle that isnt' surrounded by a parking lot. Two thumbs up!