Forum Index > Photography Talk > Dual Monitor Calibration
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 12:23 pm 
I think this was brought up in the past but I'm tired of trying to dial my monitors in. I have a g450 dual head with 2 19" monitors. When looking at any image or color other than black, there is a difference from one monitor to the other. Not a big deal yet but it's going to be. I would like to know that my photo I'm looking at on my monitor is as close to being correct to printing as possible. With monitors that display the colors differently, how do I know which is the closest? Both look good, just different. Monitors are set at 32 bit true color I've tried making all sorts of adjustments with poor results, contrast, brightnest and warmth. What gives? Just a difference in monitors? I experience the same problem at work with different monitors and cards. Thanks for going down this road again, N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 1:08 pm 
I have the ColorVision Spyder (basic version). That's all you need if you want your monitor calibrated within reason or two monitors to look the same. You can spend a lot more $$$ on fancier stuff, something to calibrate your printer, etc. but it's a lot of mental m... er self gratification IMHO. If the basic spyder doesn't meet your needs, the $250 Eye-One gets good reviews.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 1:58 pm 
Thanks for the links Tom. I think I'm gonna have to think twice about spending $150 for what I feel should be a minor adjustment. For now I guess I'll have to see which displays the acutual print the best. Sorry to admit, but in tn the end, it'll probably boil down to a program to tune it up. Poop N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 2:46 pm 
FYI, here's a good article on monitor calibration: http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/monitor_calibration.htm

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 06, 2003 6:00 pm 
Thanks again Tom. I'm beginning to see the justification. Why is it everything I want to do ends up costing so much money? Poop again. N