Forum Index > Trail Talk > Squire Creek Road-Darrington - Closed
Previous :: Next Topic  
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck

Wild Bagger
PostSun Mar 10, 2002 4:49 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Here's something of interest I just came across: Squire Creek Road Closed to hiking trail.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreport/squire_creek.htm

--------------
in the granite high-wild alpine land . . .
www.alpinequest.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostSun Mar 10, 2002 5:41 pm 
Hey, anyone of my rigs could traverse that slide!  Anyone need a ride let me know!

Have winch will travel.

TB tongue.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck

Wild Bagger
PostSun Mar 10, 2002 5:49 pm 
Grin...one could get dropped off too, if he really wants to get up there. Used to do that years ago when i didn't want my truck left on extended trips...2 weeks spent once at Jordan-Falls Lakes in Skagit County.

--------------
in the granite high-wild alpine land . . .
www.alpinequest.com
mattp

mattp

PostThu Mar 14, 2002 8:03 am 
I spoke with somebody in the Darrington ranger station who said they will probably leave the road blocked where it is.  He indicated, but did not directly state, that they didn't have the money to restore it.  This is what they did previously, I believe, when the road was blocked at the location where the trailhead has been for many years.  The ranger said the slide is between one and two miles from the end, and he believes closer to one mile.  If so, that will add twenty or thirty minutes (each direction) to a hike.

The other end of the Squire Creek Pass trail, in Clear Creek, has been the site of WTA and climber-sponsored trail maintenance for the last two years.  Perhaps this is a good time to seek restoration of that trail so that an alternate route up to the pass, and a potential through-hike, is once again available.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Squire Creek Road-Darrington - Closed
  Happy Birthday detekt!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: