Forum Index > Trail Talk > Olympic Mountains skyline
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 6:19 pm 
Oh I've heard of Mt Olympus. I just couldn't tell which it would be. Isn't Blue Glacier on Olympus? N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 6:37 pm 
Well that's a relief. Yes, Blue Glacier is on Olympus. Someone will know where Olympus should be in the range- is it hidden behind Anderson? I can't remember. Anyway, it's kind of mysterious that way- knowing it's there but not being able to see it. Maybe it's just a big trick...

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 6:49 pm 
If it's missed named, it's a trick and the Herald and Photographer are awaiting a response. Hehe N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 7:01 pm 
Actually I think it's hidden on the back side of the photo. Just flip it over. The photo was taken on a roof top in Everett and I think the range hides it due to the distance it is west. N [edit] I think Mt Townsend is in front of it. Unless it's just to the left of Townsend. If you have topo, draw a line between Everett & Olympus.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 7:11 pm 
You're telling me more than I want to know- I want to keep it the mysterious peak of my imagination. smile.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Jan 03, 2004 7:28 pm 
Sorry frown.gif bawl.gif headrub.gif

erichjz

erichjz
PostTue Mar 23, 2004 9:50 am 
Newt wrote:
Here's the Herald Photo. 17"x18.75"
I ordered and received the Everett Herald poster - but now I'm confused. The image here is not that good, but the poster labels the far left peak as Mt. Constance. It could be an Everett view vs. Seattle/Bellevue view thing, but I think those should be the Brothers? Very confused...

reststep

reststep
PostTue Mar 23, 2004 10:11 am 
erichjz wrote:
I ordered and received the Everett Herald poster - but now I'm confused. The image here is not that good, but the poster labels the far left peak as Mt. Constance. It could be an Everett view vs. Seattle/Bellevue view thing, but I think those should be the Brothers? Very confused...
I am not able to read the information on your graphic but looking at the road map it looks to me like the Brothers should be to the left of Mt. Constance when viewing the Olympics from Everett. You could also check the graphic at the following website. They show the Olympics from the Bainbridge Island ferry and a view from Port Townsend. Hope this helps. Viewfinder After looking at the picture again it looks to me like the mountain in the middle, which might be labeled "F", is Mt. Constance.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir