Forum Index > Trip Reports > PNWH Snowshoeing At Rainer 1/03-04
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon Jan 05, 2004 8:34 am 
A trip that almost didn't happen! On saturday morning I left bright and early to head up to the Nisqually entrance-and turned back in Eatonville due to the freakishly heavy snow dump coming down. I could barely see the road at that point! So I went home and nursed my bad dispostion the rest of the night! I was supposed to be meeting up with some of the group...... Having seen none of them post on saturday night, and seeing the clear weather I decided to try for it again. I picked up JennieEl and we hit the road taking 7 the whole way. Yeah, it was a sheet of ice the whole way, but hey, we got there. Karma ruled for once-I had this Subarua tailgating me for the 5 miles from Ashford, about 100 yds from the entrance to the park they have 2 rangers checking cars-well the Suburua passes me in front of the rangers! They get sent over to put on chains and I get told I can keep going..."So long sucker!" hehheh!! Heck, all I was doing was going to Sunshine Point CG, where I got lucky and found Hoosierdaddy, his wife, Dicentra and Snackcake and the newest member, The Gonz there. They had been planning on laying into me for not showing up lol.gif but I ruined their plans biggrin.gif So I chained up and we headed up to Paradise. The snow is looking so good this year! I found out they had gone shoeing up to Reflection Lake onn saturday. The snow was falling lightly as we got out-it was so dry you could see the flakes in 3D indivdually. That was neat! We snowshoed up and up. The clouds lifted and we got to see Rainer in golden sun with a blue sky. It was very sweet! Snackcake is from Kansas, and this was nice that he got to see the Mt. It was 5* while up there, 8* in the parking lot. On saturday night while they were camping it was 0* eek.gif Too bad I didn't make it .... I slept in a nice 61* bedroom wink.gif We had a good and greasy dinner in Eatonville...where I was forced to watch on the tv's that awful ad for the "personal body groomer". God, will that ad stop?? It was a worthy trip and I am glad I got there! And 3 new posse members up.gif Of the 3 photos one is of part of the group before we left, one of the trees, and one of my little man going down the trail.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message