Forum Index > Trip Reports > Talus Caves, Section Line trail, (Tiger Mtn)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 9:18 am 
I hit the trail from the High Point trailhead with Daisy at 2 pm, and we headed up the West Tiger 3 trail, took a right on the Bus trail, then a left on the Nook trail. This climbs up to the very cool Talus Caves loop. We explored around a bit, had some lunch, and then tried to follow the old, semi-abandoned connector trail that goes up to the Section Line trail. When we were at the very top of the Talus Loop, going counter-clockwise, we turned right and squeezed up through a large crack in the rock to the top of the rock. The trail heads back towards the hill and to the right. It then goes straight up the hill into a large area of blowdowns, which made re-finding the trail tough but possible. We came out eventually at the Section Line, and we headed down by turning right. There were still some trees down across the trail, but all were navigable, under or over. We turned back towards the Nook trail at the next junction, with a really big tree semi-blocking both trails. Some nice person has notched the tree, making a step-over possible. Then it was back to the Nook trail and out the way we came, returning to the car at 5:45, just in time to beat the gate closure at 6 pm. A pleasant, snow-free jaunt in the woods. I killed a skeeter in self-defense, my first of the year.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message