Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ancient Lakes / Quincy Wildlife Area; 02/03/04
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 2:33 pm 
Mr. Moose&Squirrel himself got hauled along for an introduction to the Columbia Basins beauty and diversity. Where to take him...and where to return myself? Ah, I just decided to haul him to one of the two most common places people are likely to visit first (other being Umtanum Creek Canyon). Why confuse the poor soul by taking him to one of the other 117 places (and counting!) in the basin I've hiked and photographed? biggrin.gif Breaking high clouds opened to sun as we got to the lakes. Stunning scenery. Waterfalls. Basalt cliffs and some of the best columnar basalt around. Waterfowl and circling geese. In short, a perfect day and one that now has him as one more loyal lover of the beauty seen "on the other side" smile.gif 4+ hours of hiking slowly to enjoy it. PM me if you want more details. Alan <added photos....for ones with the sun shining for the glorious two hours we enjoyed it, ya gotta wait either for my slides to be processed or for M&S to toss some in from his stash up.gif >

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message