Forum Index > Trip Reports > Reflection Lakes 2/07/04
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 7:39 pm 
Synchro, Ford and me headed up this morning to get in some snowshoeing. The weather wasn't very promising but the roads are indeed great this weekend at Rainer. By the time we came down 75% of the road was clear-not like the last couple weeks where it has been an ice chute. We went up to Narada Falls and we decided to do the trail to Reflection Lakes by the book-I just wanted to see what the difference would be between what I did with Slugman and crew 2 weeks ago versus today's. We went over Mazama Ridge to the lakes. Synchro beat out a spot for us all to sit on and we had a quiet lunch over the big lake with a few birds for company. The snow is in very good shape still, good and powdery. The sun came out at lunch and we were treated to some good views of Pinnacle and Plummer across the way. Never did see the Old Lady...but hey, I can live with that...... We decided to take the road back for the heck of it. Twas fine till we left the trees-the weather had actually been pretty good, with a light dry snowfall, but being pretty warm-till we hit the open slopes on the road. The wind was howling so hard that every step Synchro took was filled in by the time I got to it. Twas happy to get through that section. By the time we left the whole Tattoosh Ridge was silouheted in sunlight with dark clouds behind it-truly gorgeous! smile.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 1:38 am 
Another good one Sar, thanks. Youins r gettin ooht ayelot thisin year. TB hockeygrin.gif lol.gif hmmm.gif winksmile.gif agree.gif tongue.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 1:58 am 
I wonder if that Tattoosh Ridge (Tatoosh Range?) misspelling is a Freudian slip? Gotta keep at ya with that Rainier, toots. Rainier Rainier Rainier. Come on, I know you can do it! hockeygrin.gif

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 9:23 am 
Yes,BPJ, it is my goal toget out every week biggrin.gif Such a hard taskmaker I am.... lol.gif We are doing the Wonderland this year so the training has begun...first backpacking of the year is next weekend..... Yeah,yeah M&S....I is working on it...I have awful spelling powers and Mastery Of English agree.gif Twasn't my fault I had to drive by all those tattoo shops in South Hill on the way to the Mt.......

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.